Overnight Hotel Butler - Falling Rock
Our guests' first impression is vital to a lasting one! If you have the charisma and energy that everyone talks about, we have the career for you!
We are seeking to fill a key position in our Guest Services department that will oversee all personal needs of select assigned guests. The Butler will contact the guest prior to arrival, personally booking all activities and making any special arrangements necessary prior to arrival. Upon arrival, the Butler will provide formal butler services and assist the guest with their folio of charges throughout their stay. The Butler will also coordinate the checkout process.
- Contact assigned guests and assist with personalized services (pre-booking, spa, dining, and activity reservations).
- Arrange, record, deliver and charge all special requests for arriving guests.
Greet guests at the entrance, escort guests to room, and present keys, then arrange for valet and bell service.
- Monitor guest activity while at the resort, including being on call for any special requests or last-minute needs (including drawing of baths).
Gain a comprehensive understanding of all menus, outlets, and amenities of the resort.
- Inspects all guest rooms prior to guest arrival ensuring excellence.
- Inspect and present all food and beverage items ordered by the guest.
- Research and clarify any misunderstanding with regards to the guest folio.
- Prepare bill and proper backup for presentation to the guest upon departure.
- Assist guests with luggage transport and farewell.
- Ability to cooperate and operate seamlessly with all departments of the resort.
- Ability to interact with guests that have high expectations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and privacy.
- Assist in training new butler coordinators
- The candidate must possess strong interpersonal relationship skills and strong reading and writing skills.
- A high school diploma is necessary.
- The ability to use the computer, including Microsoft Office products, PMS system, spa booking system, and CRM system is a must.
- Prior knowledge of the systems in use is not necessary, but definitely a plus.
- Must be able to speak English
- Candidates must be willing to work varied hours, including nights, weekends, holidays, and split shifts (according to the needs of the guests).
Ultimately, the duty of the Butler will be to forge close relationships with both new and returning guests that he/she will be assigned to. The Butler’s performance will be judged in a variety of manners, such as the following:
- instantaneous feedback received from guest comment cards.
- percentage and amount of return business that the Butler entertains will be taken into effect as a measurement of success for this position.
- accuracy in booking activities, spa, dining, and lodging reservations will also be used to determine job success.
Why work for Nemacolin?
Experience the magic of Nemacolin. Reaching across 2,200 acres in the Laurel Highlands of Southwestern Pennsylvania, Nemacolin offers guests a getaway like no other. Elevated accommodations range from the thrilling grandeur of The Chateau and modern elegance of Falling Rock—both recipients of the Forbes Travel Guide 2020 Awards—to the refreshing ease of The Lodge as well as The Homes and The Estates. And that is just the beginning! Nemacolin comes to life with show-stopping dining from the Forbes Five-Star and AAA Five-Diamond Lautrec; two championship, Pete Dye-designed golf courses; award-winning spa and wellness services; Orvis®-endorsed fly fishing; countless outdoor activities; and snow sports, shopping, wildlife experiences, art tours, magical seasonal events, and limitless fun for all. Adventure awaits. At Nemacolin, we strive to attract, retain, and develop the best and the brightest talent in the field. Unique amenities and a strong track record of exceeding industry standards makes Nemacolin an employer of choice for those looking to pursue opportunities in areas such as lodging and guest services, food and beverage, recreation, culinary arts, golf, and retail, among others. Through a variety of training initiatives and a strong commitment to career development programs, we believe that we can help our associates to develop the skills necessary to advance within our organization.
- An attractive 401(k) plan
- Paid vacation, holidays, and personal hours
- Family medical, dental and vision insurance
- Long-term & short-term disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Educational assistance
- Local and resort discounts
- On-site uniform and dry-cleaning services
- Discounted meals during breaks in the associate break areas
Nemacolin promotes a culture of continuous learning for our associates. We are strongly committed to comprehensive professional development programs:
- Opportunities for advancement – At Nemacolin Woodlands Resort, we encourage our associates to grow within the organization and gain experience in a variety of departments to better understand the hospitality industry. Nemacolin prides itself on promoting from within the organization, and many of our mid and upper-level managers began in entry-level positions and advanced into their current roles.
- Associate Recognition programs – Nemacolin Woodlands Resort realizes that our associates help to set us apart from other organizations in the industry through their commitment to providing exceptional service and ability to consistently exceed guests’ expectations. Each month, associates can nominate others who have provided exceptional service, demonstrated leadership capabilities, or excelled in their areas of expertise. Winners receive an award for their efforts and are recognized by members of management.
- Mentoring and coaching programs – As a new associate, we provide a level of mentoring that is best suited to you to enhance your growth and career interests, while sharing knowledge, advice, and encouragement along the way.
Awards and Accolades
Nemacolin Woodlands Resort has consistently been recognized in the hospitality industry for providing superior customer service and outstanding facilities. We are very proud of what we have accomplished, and we would like to have the opportunity to share our enthusiasm with you. Some of our accomplishments include the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star rating, the AAA Five-Diamond rating, the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and a variety of other awards from Condé Nast Traveler, and Golf Digest, just to name a few.
Associate Referral Program
- Year-Round Referral Incentive - Receive a reward of $250.00 when you refer a new applicant who is hired and is employed for a minimum of 90 days! Receive a second reward of $250.00 when the referred associate continues their employment for a total of 6 months! Receive a third award of $500.00 when an associate continues their employment for 1 year (rewards not applicable for rehires)!
- Seasonal Referral Incentive- Receive a reward of $100.00 when you refer a seasonal applicant who is hired and is employed for a minimum of 60 days (rewards not applicable for rehires)!
- Enterprise - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate car rentals through Enterprise at a discount rate.
- X-Plan Ford Pricing - As a Ford Partner, Nemacolin gives you the ability to purchase or lease eligible vehicles at Ford Motor Company’s XPlan Pricing. The discounted prices are good on new, leased, or used vehicles. Your family members in the same household are also eligible to receive discounted prices, just because you work at Nemacolin.
- Verizon Wireless - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate to receive a 17% discount.
- Sprint Wireless - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate to receive a 15% discount.
- 84 Lumber - 17 % (associate must pay to haul).