Overnight Security Officer
Guards property and personnel against theft, vandalism and illegal activities; patrols buildings and grounds of the resort; examines doors, windows and gates to determine that they are secure; warns violators of rules infractions, such as loitering, smoking, carrying forbidden articles and apprehends or expels miscreants; inspects equipment to ascertain if tampering or damage has occurred; respond to alarm activation’s; respond to calls for assistance; observes departing personnel to guard against theft of company property; records data with regard to accidents /incidents, conducts investigations into accidents/incidents; utilizes electronic patrol devices as instituted by Security Department management; reports unusual occurrences to higher authority; ensure all fire extinguishers on the property are charged, remove out-of-service extinguishers from service and ensure out-of-service units are recharged and replaced, may be required to perform tasks relevant to the guests needs and the hotel’s operations.
33% Protection of personnel and company assets
9% Respond to alarm activation’s
9% Control of keys issued to associates and overall key control
9% Monitor alarm systems, utilize alarm detection devices
6% Utilize electronic patrol system, write daily activity/incident reports
5% Inspect packages being carried in and out by associates
5% Inspect physical barriers and mechanical and electrical equipment
5% Fire/hazard detection and prevention
5% Implement procedures for dealing with emergencies
5% Fostering good public relations with guests
4% Accident prevention/First Aid/CPR
2% Incident and Accident investigation
1% Deal with intoxicated guests and be responsible for their safety
High School graduate; First Aid / CPR Certified; PA Act 235 Certified; some fire fighting experience; must possess a valid driver’s license; must be a team player; must possess good verbal and written communication skills; ability to work varying shifts. Must be able to speak English.
Why Work for Nemacolin?
Located in the beautiful Laurel Highlands of Southwestern Pennsylvania, Nemacolin is the area’s premier destination for launching a five-star, five-diamond career in the hospitality industry. At Nemacolin, we strive to attract, retain, and develop the best and the brightest talent in the field. Our unique amenities and strong track record of exceeding industry standards make Nemacolin an employer of choice for those looking to pursue opportunities in areas such as lodging and guest services, food and beverage, recreation, culinary arts, golf, and retail, among others. Through a variety of training initiatives and a strong commitment to career development programs, we believe that we can help associates to develop the skills necessary to advance within our organization by offering competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits plan including:
- An attractive 401(k) plan
- Paid vacation, holidays, and personal hours
- Family medical, dental and vision insurance
- Long-term & short-term disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Educational assistance
- Local and resort discounts
- On-site uniform and dry-cleaning services
- Discounted meals during breaks in the associate break areas
Nemacolin promotes a culture of continuous learning for our associates. We are strongly committed to comprehensive professional development programs:
- Opportunities for advancement – At Nemacolin, we encourage our associates to grow within the organization and gain experience in a variety of departments to better understand the hospitality industry. Nemacolin prides itself on promoting from within the organization, and many of our mid and upper-level managers began in entry-level positions and advanced into their current roles.
- Associate Recognition programs – Nemacolin realizes that our associates help to set us apart from other organizations in the industry through their commitment to providing exceptional service and ability to consistently exceed guests’ expectations. Each month, associates can nominate others who have provided exceptional service, demonstrated leadership capabilities, or excelled in their areas of expertise. Winners receive an award for their efforts and are recognized by members of management.
- Mentoring and coaching programs – As a new associate, we provide a level of mentoring that is best suited to you to enhance your growth and career interests, while sharing knowledge, advice, and encouragement along the way.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
Nemacolin has consistently been recognized in the hospitality industry for providing superior customer service and outstanding facilities. We are very proud of what we have accomplished, and we would like to have the opportunity to share our enthusiasm with you. Some of our accomplishments include the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star rating, the AAA Five-Diamond rating, the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and a variety of other awards from Condé Nast Traveler, and Golf Digest, just to name a few.
ASSOCIATE REFERRAL PROGRAM
- Year-Round Referral Incentive - Receive a reward of $125.00 when you refer a new applicant who is hired and is employed for a minimum of 30 days! Receive a second reward of $125.00 when the referred associate continues their employment for a total of 90 days!
- Seasonal Referral Incentive - Receive a reward of $100.00 when you refer a seasonal applicant who is hired and is employed for a minimum of 60 days (rewards not applicable for rehires)!
- Enterprise - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate car rentals through Enterprise at a discount rate.
- X-Plan Ford Pricing - As a Ford Partner, Nemacolin gives you the ability to purchase or lease eligible vehicles at Ford Motor Company’s XPlan Pricing. The discounted prices are good on new, leased, or used vehicles. Your family members in the same household are also eligible to receive discounted prices, just because you work at Nemacolin.
- Verizon Wireless - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate to receive a 17% discount
- AT&T Wireless - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate to receive a 13% discount
- Sprint Wireless - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate to receive a 15% discount
- 84 Lumber - 17 % (associate must pay to haul)
(Keywords: Security, Officer, Overnight Job, Career, Customer Service, Pennsylvania, Hotel, Hospitality)