Here at Nemacolin Resort, our associates know to “Expect the Unexpected” – You have come across the career opportunity where entertainment and excitement are the job description. This position must be committed to making every experience memorable all while having fun and relishing the incredible atmosphere of the resort.
GENERAL ACCOUNTABILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this job class and are not all-inclusive for this position.)
- Deliver internal and external guest service the Nemacolin Way. Goes above and beyond – whether for an associate or guest.
- Delivers a strong emphasis on increasing service standards, developing future leaders, creating luxury/high-end training programs and more.
- Coordinate daily activities to ensure high productivity and quality standards are maintained.
- Responsible for morale of the staff through quality of supervision and training and provides training for all assigned outlet associates to ensure customer services standards are exceeded.
- Hires, motivates, evaluates and supervises front-of-house associates to ensure they are receiving adequate guidance and resources to accomplish established objectives.
- Establishes departmental standards, guidelines, and objectives and maintains other administrative processes such as budget, staffing, and scheduling to ensure proper planning and efficient operation of the outlet.
- Oversees opening, operating and closing checklists for the outlet.
- Responsible for overseeing training of new associates as well as supporting all shifts in filling call-off needs.
- Oversees scheduling, forecasting, coaching of associates for needs/issues and present to Vice President.
- Works with the Vice President of Food and Beverage to analyze food costs and forecast business trends to make recommendations for revision of menu prices/food specials that will most appropriately meet company needs.
- Responsible for maintaining, overseeing, and developing specialty nights.
- Works with Vice President of Food and Beverage on P&L’s, forecasting, budgeting, labor/food costs as well as accountability and critique.
- Responsible for reviewing all general ledge charges for accuracy.
- Verifies payroll accuracy and monitors cash over/short reports.
- Reviews all outlet PO’s as well as staffing guides, monthly inventories, etc.
- Takes an active role in all mandatory F&B meetings (resume, ops, F&B).
- Develops relationships with culinary team to develop, analyze and cost menus.
- Plan an instrumental role in achieving the companies’ goals.
- Reports any safety hazards to assigned leader.
- Other job duties as assigned.
- Bachelors’ degree in hospitality management and/or relatable restaurant leadership experience.
- Minimum of 2 years’ management experience in the hospitality industry – with the most recent experience overseeing F&B operations in a high-volume, high-end luxury resort preferred.
- Understanding of computerized systems.
- Excellent customer/guest service skills.
- Ability to perform effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively perform multiple tasks.
- Excellent writing/report writing skills – ability to prepare and understand all necessary reports.
- Ability to interface professionally with business contacts and customers
These skills and abilities are typically acquired through at least 2-years of on-the-job training or related management experience in a relatable restaurant/operation.
This job description cannot possibly include a complete comprehensive listing of all the activities, duties or responsibilities that may be require by the organization and/or members of management. It reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, but it does not prescribe or restrict the additional tasks that may be required.