Pet Care Supervisor
Here at Nemacolin, our associates know to “Expect the Unexpected” – You have come across the career opportunity where entertainment and excitement are the job description. This position must be committed to making every experience memorable all while having fun and relishing the incredible atmosphere of the resort.
The Pet Care Supervisor must have excellent communication skills, organizational ability and working knowledge of computer systems. Must possess leadership qualities, a pleasant personality, and neat appearance and enjoy working with the public and pets. The Pet Care Supervisor will assist in managing inventory and supplies, promoting, and enforcing policies and procedures. Must be able to prioritize tasks. Supervises support functions and departments of the Kennel's operation, including pet facilities, grounds, and laundry. The Pet Care Supervisor must maintain knowledge of new policies, programs, and equipment in the pet industry.
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this job class and are not all-inclusive for this position.)
- Supervises daily lodging and pet care operations.
- Supervises Pet Care Associates
- Provides training for all Pet Care Associates
- Instructs Pet Care Associates in providing quality customer service,
- Responsible for completion of general housekeeping, and other kennel duties, as determined by the Manager.
- Requires that all safety procedures regarding use of chemicals and equipment are followed.
- Make certain that all kennel pet care and cleaning follow the written procedures.
- Provides a safe working environment for Pet Care Associates
- Performs all pre-entry and departure pet evaluations.
- Ensures that pet-related activities are performed.
- Reviews scheduling of Pet Care Associates to ensure proper coverage.
- Communicates with Front Desk regarding the current and upcoming Check In’s and Check Out’s, Grooming and Scheduled Services
- Answers “Pet Check” calls
- Administration of all Pet medications
- Ensures that all pet care is properly documented.
- Performs daily Veterinarian Tech review of pets.
- Ensures the safety of all the pets that stay at the Wooflands.
- Schedule includes day, evening, weekends and Holidays.
- Ability to act as Manager if there is not management on duty in regard to management of team and clients.
- Able to address and resolve customer concerns.
- Ability to address disciplinary matters while manager is not on duty, including issuing write-ups.
- Other Job duties assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Candidate must have a high energy level.
- Possesses a High School Diploma and is pursuing and advancing their education.
- At least one year of prior experience in the Pet Care Industry
- Have a genuine interest in the pet care profession.
- Must have a willingness to learn.
- Have a high energy level for hiking, playing with and entertaining dogs and cats.
- Possess basic computer skills.
- Candidate must be able to speak English.
- Be in good physical condition.
- Must be able to do heavy cleaning and lifting.
- Must be able to lift and carry 50 lbs.
- Frequent standing, squatting, bending, lifting and carrying is required.
This job description cannot possibly include a complete comprehensive listing of all the activities, duties or responsibilities that may be require by the organization and/or members of management. It reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, but it does not prescribe or restrict the additional tasks that may be required.
WHY WORK FOR NEMACOLIN?
Kick-start your career at Nemacolin, a world-renowned luxury resort nestled in southwestern Pennsylvania. Nemacolin boasts an unparalleled blend of elegance and adventure, offering an array of amenities that redefine luxury. With two Forbes-rated hotels from which to choose, guests are treated to the epitome of comfort and style. A five-star, five-diamond restaurant sets the stage for exquisite dining experiences, while our on-site wildlife habitats bring animal encounters to a whole new level. The opulent spa, championship golf courses, and a range of outdoor activities, including fly fishing, skiing, and snowboarding, provide a holistic and exciting getaway.
As a part of the Nemacolin team, you'll have the chance to work in a dynamic and supportive environment where your skills and passion will flourish. We believe in fostering growth and providing our team members with opportunities to shine and advance in their careers. Join us in delivering unparalleled experiences that leave lasting memories for our cherished guests and members. Real Life Magic meets boundless opportunity at Nemacolin. Come, be a part of it!
What is in it for you? As a Nemacolin associate, you won’t just have a bright future — you’ll have a bright present! You are invited to join our warm, supportive community, where you’ll enjoy competitive wages, exciting events, a full suite of benefits, discounts, and perks, and access to amenities at our associate community Wisteria.
- Attractive 401(k) plan
- Paid vacation, holidays, and personal hours
- Family medical, dental, and vision insurance. Long-term and short-term disability insurance
- Employee and educational assistance program
- Up to 40% off Retail, Spa, Activities, Food and Beverage at the Resort
- On-site uniform and dry-cleaning services
- Discounted meals during breaks in associate break areas
Wisteria Associate Community- Wisteria is Nemacolin’s way of showing our appreciation to our associates. This neighborhood is exclusive to associates and contains a Pub, Market, and Fitness Center. As a member of Team Nemacolin, you’ll enjoy these exclusive amenities.
Associate Recognition programs- Nemacolin realizes that our associates help to set us apart from other organizations in the industry through their commitment to providing exceptional service and their ability to consistently exceed guests’ expectations.
Nemacolin promotes a culture of continuous learning for our associates. We are strongly committed to comprehensive professional development programs:
- Opportunities for advancement – At Nemacolin, we encourage our associates to grow within the organization and gain experience in a variety of departments to better understand the hospitality industry. Nemacolin prides itself on promoting from within the organization, and many of our upper-level managers began in entry-level positions and advanced into their current roles.
- Mentoring and coaching programs – As a new associate, we provide a level of mentoring that is best suited to you to enhance your growth and career interests, while sharing knowledge, advice, and encouragement along the way.
(Keywords: Morgantown, Pennsylvania, Uniontown, Farmington, Confluence, Markleysburg, Pittsburgh, Lemont Furnace, Mount Pleasant, Washington, Greene County, Westmoreland, Fayette, Hotel, Hospitality, resort, Lodge, lodging, Assistant, personal, customer service, jobs near me)