Here at Nemacolin, our associates know to “Expect the Unexpected” – You have come across the career opportunity where entertainment and excitement are the job description. This position must be committed to making every experience memorable all while having fun and relishing the incredible atmosphere of the resort.
As a food runner, you will be responsible for creating a welcoming, clean & fun environment that creates excitement for our guests visiting the pool. In this position, you will also be responsible for creating “Real Life Magic” for our guests. You will provide extraordinary guest service – going above and beyond in all situations. The food runner plays an important role, anticipating guest needs.
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this job class and are not all-inclusive for this position.)
- Strong preparation skills – including but not limited to stocking items needed for service, such as towels, the sunscreen stations & setting up & maintenance of the hydration stations.
- Performs deck set-up & tear down procedures.
- Makes a positive contribution to the work environment through presentation of positive attitude, demonstration of cooperation and teamwork, and constructive approach to daily events.
- Reports any potential safety hazards to management immediately.
- Perform all tasks assigned by the manager (side-work, cleaning etc.), including other duties outside of daily-weekly checklist duties.
- Maintain detailed knowledge of menu items & allergens.
- Excellent communication skills and relationship building with the serving staff & the guests.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks & maintain collective & genuine in high volume situations.
- Adheres to SOPs, including but not limited to phone etiquette, personal appearance, timing & attendance, guest interactions.
- Responsible for general & accurate resort knowledge & the surrounding area.
- Obtain & maintain a RAMP certification through the state of PA.
- Responsible for the trash receptacles throughout the pool deck & guest areas, removing debris from the pool deck & outlying areas, keeping the deck, including the chaise loungers & cabanas neat & free of debris.
- Assists with presenting the Surprise & Delights (S&D) to the guests in a timely manner, according to the service standard.
- Visibly available on the deck for any guest requests & the ability to assist the host when needed with an overflow of guests arriving at the pool.
- Assist with food delivery to the guests dining at the table, cabanas or chaise loungers.
- Other job duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Friendly and outgoing personality.
- Ability to be in the sun & on your feet for at least 8 hours.
- Must be able to lift up to 25lbs.
- Must be able to speak the English language fluently.
- Must be able to handle high-volume, fast paced situations.
- Must be able to work a variety of shifts – including holidays, weekends, mornings, afternoons, evenings.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively perform multiple tasks.
- Ability to interface professionally with business contacts and customers.
- Strong understanding of hospitality industry helpful.
These skills and abilities are typically acquired through the completion of a high school diploma or equivalent, as well as through a minimum of 2 years of experience in a guest service role.
This job description cannot possibly include a complete comprehensive listing of all the activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required by the organization and/or members of management. It reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, but it does not prescribe or restrict the additional tasks that may be required.
Why Work for Nemacolin?
Located in the beautiful Laurel Highlands of Southwestern Pennsylvania, Nemacolin is the area’s premier destination for launching a five-star, five-diamond career in the hospitality industry. At Nemacolin, we strive to attract, retain, and develop the best and the brightest talent in the field. Our unique amenities and strong track record of exceeding industry standards make Nemacolin an employer of choice for those looking to pursue opportunities in areas such as lodging and guest services, food and beverage, recreation, culinary arts, golf, and retail, among others. Through a variety of training initiatives and a strong commitment to career development programs, we believe that we can help associates to develop the skills necessary to advance within our organization by offering competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits plan including:
- An attractive 401(k) plan
- Paid vacation, holidays, and personal hours
- Family medical, dental and vision insurance
- Long-term & short-term disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Educational assistance
- Local and resort discounts
- On-site uniform and dry-cleaning services
- Discounted meals during breaks in the associate break areas
Nemacolin promotes a culture of continuous learning for our associates. We are strongly committed to comprehensive professional development programs:
- Opportunities for advancement – At Nemacolin, we encourage our associates to grow within the organization and gain experience in a variety of departments to better understand the hospitality industry. Nemacolin prides itself on promoting from within the organization, and many of our mid and upper-level managers began in entry-level positions and advanced into their current roles.
- Associate Recognition programs – Nemacolin realizes that our associates help to set us apart from other organizations in the industry through their commitment to providing exceptional service and ability to consistently exceed guests’ expectations. Each month, associates can nominate others who have provided exceptional service, demonstrated leadership capabilities, or excelled in their areas of expertise. Winners receive an award for their efforts and are recognized by members of management.
- Mentoring and coaching programs – As a new associate, we provide a level of mentoring that is best suited to you to enhance your growth and career interests, while sharing knowledge, advice, and encouragement along the way.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
Nemacolin has consistently been recognized in the hospitality industry for providing superior customer service and outstanding facilities. We are very proud of what we have accomplished, and we would like to have the opportunity to share our enthusiasm with you. Some of our accomplishments include the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star rating, the AAA Five-Diamond rating, the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and a variety of other awards from Condé Nast Traveler, and Golf Digest, just to name a few.
ASSOCIATE REFERRAL PROGRAM
$1,000 Year-Round Referral Incentive - Receive a reward of $250.00 when you refer a new applicant who is hired and is employed for a minimum of 90 days! Receive a second reward of $250.00 when the referred associate continues their employment for a total of 6 months! Receive a third award of $500.00 when an associate continues their employment for 1 year!
Seasonal Referral Incentive- Receive a reward of $100.00 when you refer a seasonal applicant who is hired and is employed for a minimum of 60 days!
*Rewards not applicable for rehires.
- Enterprise - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate car rentals through Enterprise at a discount rate.
- X-Plan Ford Pricing - As a Ford Partner, Nemacolin gives you the ability to purchase or lease eligible vehicles at Ford Motor Company’s XPlan Pricing. The discounted prices are good on new, leased, or used vehicles. Your family members in the same household are also eligible to receive discounted prices, just because you work at Nemacolin.
- Verizon Wireless - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate to receive a 17% discount
- AT&T Wireless - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate to receive a 13% discount
- Sprint Wireless - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate to receive a 15% discount
- 84 Lumber - 17 % (associate must pay to haul).
(Keywords: Seasonal Jobs, Summer Jobs, Restaurant, Busser, Food Runner, Server Assistant, Food Service, Customer Service, Pennsylvania, Hotel, Hospitality)