Here at Nemacolin Resort, our associates know to “Expect the Unexpected” … You have just come across the career opportunity where entertainment and excitement ARE the job description. We’re looking for individuals who are committed to making an experience memorable, all while having fun and relishing in the incredible atmosphere of our Resort.
The Pool Technician position is primarily responsible for inspecting the swimming pool, deck, mechanical equipment, etc. (e.g. diving board, machinery, fixtures, emergency equipment, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring that it is suitable for safe operations, maintained in an attractive and clean condition, and/or identifying necessary repairs. As well as installs repairs and rebuilds swimming pool-related equipment (e.g. diving boards, chlorinating equipment, industrial-size pumps, and motors, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring swimming pool facilities are in proper working order. To fulfill these responsibilities, this position will:
- Inspects pool operation equipment, reports and may repair malfunctioning filtration and chlorination components; develops and implements plans to correct and prevent breakdowns.
- Sets valves and controllers for filtration and chlorination systems; skim grease, replaces sand and purges filter system as needed; checks and adjusts water chemistry.
- Repacks, repairs, and adjusts pumps and lubricates and cleans equipment.
- Cleans assigned resort facilities (e.g. swimming pool, pool deck, equipment areas, filter systems, water fountains, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining a sanitary and safe condition.
- Evaluates equipment function for the purpose of maintaining facilities and/or complying with mandated health requirements.
- Inspects swimming pool, deck, mechanical equipment, etc. (e.g. diving board, machinery, fixtures, emergency equipment, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring that it is suitable for safe operations, maintained in an attractive and clean condition, and/or identifying necessary repairs.
- Installs repairs and rebuilds swimming pool-related equipment (e.g. diving boards, chlorinating equipment, industrial-size pumps, and motors, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring swimming pool facilities are in proper working order.
- Maintains pool, including proper chemical and PH rate (e.g. adjusts water analyzer, adding chemicals, etc.) for the purpose of complying with mandated safety and health requirements for pool water purity and balance.
- Maintains records (e.g. logs, etc.) for the purpose of providing an up-to-date reference trail and/or ensuring compliance with mandated requirements.
- May be required to respond to 24-hour emergency calls for the assigned work area to perform emergency building or equipment repairs during off-duty hours using a vehicle, telephone, hand, power, and specialty tools and necessary materials.
- Performs preventive maintenance tasks (e.g. repairing fiberglass, plastic, and concrete; resurfacing, repairing, and installing diving boards; replacing loose or damaged tile; etc.) for the purpose of making adjustments and routine repairs to resort swimming pools, auxiliary equipment, and related items.
- Prepares purchase orders for supplies, equipment, and parts for the purpose of ensuring the availability of items as needed.
- Responds to inquiries from guests, resort associates, and County Health Department, etc. for the purpose of conveying information regarding swimming pool operations, etc.
- Sets up and/or moves equipment (e.g. deck furniture, benches, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring availability for special events, etc.
- Stocks chemicals, supplies, and equipment (e.g. lane lines, starting blocks, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining adequate quantities and security of items.
- Troubleshoots and maintains pool boilers and heaters for the purpose of ensuring proper working order.
- May be required to respond to 24-hour emergency calls for the assigned work area to perform emergency building or equipment repairs during off-duty hours using a vehicle, telephone, hand, power and specialty tools, and necessary materials.
- Receives and reviews work orders/requests to determine, estimated cost and man-hour requirements.
- Requisitions and/or purchases supplies and materials.
- Performs prescribed maintenance checks as scheduled.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment of the position.
Qualifications must have a minimum of:
- Two years experience
- Be able to qualify for and pass the CPO course
- Speak English fluently
- Have a valid driver's license
Be part of the Nemacolin backbone, the artists that make this a picturesque resort! We need the neat freaks and attention to detail associates that are making the Resort shine.
Why Work for Nemacolin?
Located in the beautiful Laurel Highlands of Southwestern Pennsylvania, Nemacolin is the area’s premier destination for launching a five-star, five-diamond career in the hospitality industry. At Nemacolin, we strive to attract, retain, and develop the best and the brightest talent in the field. Our unique amenities and strong track record of exceeding industry standards make Nemacolin an employer of choice for those looking to pursue opportunities in areas such as lodging and guest services, food and beverage, recreation, culinary arts, golf, and retail, among others. Through a variety of training initiatives and a strong commitment to career development programs, we believe that we can help associates to develop the skills necessary to advance within our organization by offering competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits plan including:
- An attractive 401(k) plan
- Paid vacation, holidays, and personal hours
- Family medical, dental and vision insurance
- Long-term & short-term disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Educational assistance
- Local and resort discounts
- On-site uniform and dry-cleaning services
- Discounted meals during breaks in the associate break areas
Nemacolin promotes a culture of continuous learning for our associates. We are strongly committed to comprehensive professional development programs:
- Opportunities for advancement – At Nemacolin, we encourage our associates to grow within the organization and gain experience in a variety of departments to better understand the hospitality industry. Nemacolin prides itself on promoting from within the organization, and many of our mid and upper-level managers began in entry-level positions and advanced into their current roles.
- Associate Recognition programs – Nemacolin realizes that our associates help to set us apart from other organizations in the industry through their commitment to providing exceptional service and ability to consistently exceed guests’ expectations. Each month, associates can nominate others who have provided exceptional service, demonstrated leadership capabilities, or excelled in their areas of expertise. Winners receive an award for their efforts and are recognized by members of management.
- Mentoring and coaching programs – As a new associate, we provide a level of mentoring that is best suited to you to enhance your growth and career interests, while sharing knowledge, advice, and encouragement along the way.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
Nemacolin has consistently been recognized in the hospitality industry for providing superior customer service and outstanding facilities. We are very proud of what we have accomplished, and we would like to have the opportunity to share our enthusiasm with you. Some of our accomplishments include the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star rating, the AAA Five-Diamond rating, the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and a variety of other awards from Condé Nast Traveler, and Golf Digest, just to name a few.
ASSOCIATE REFERRAL PROGRAM
$1,000 Year-Round Referral Incentive - Receive a reward of $250.00 when you refer a new applicant who is hired and is employed for a minimum of 90 days! Receive a second reward of $250.00 when the referred associate continues their employment for a total of 6 months! Receive a third award of $500.00 when an associate continues their employment for 1 year!
Seasonal Referral Incentive- Receive a reward of $100.00 when you refer a seasonal applicant who is hired and is employed for a minimum of 60 days!
*Rewards not applicable for rehires.
- Enterprise - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate car rentals through Enterprise at a discount rate.
- X-Plan Ford Pricing - As a Ford Partner, Nemacolin gives you the ability to purchase or lease eligible vehicles at Ford Motor Company’s XPlan Pricing. The discounted prices are good on new, leased, or used vehicles. Your family members in the same household are also eligible to receive discounted prices, just because you work at Nemacolin.
- Verizon Wireless - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate to receive a 17% discount
- AT&T Wireless - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate to receive a 13% discount
- Sprint Wireless - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate to receive a 15% discount
- 84 Lumber - 17 % (associate must pay to haul).