Pub at Wisteria Cook
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this job class and are not all-inclusive for this position.)
Here are all the responsibilities we’ll trust you with:
- Execute all aspects of cooking for the Pub and Grab & Go Market menus to specifications.
- Execute the details of service with precision and heart.
- Keep everyone safe through the highest compliance with all food safety and sanitation procedures and regulations as well as immediately correcting or reporting any disrespectful actions, safety hazards, or unsafe practices.
- Ensure guests are receiving a consistently high-quality, timely product.
- Maintain our kitchen equipment: execute daily cleaning, sanitation and regular preventive maintenance, including stewarding duties. Report issues immediately.
- Willingly helps at all stations in the kitchen, including stewarding.
Today’s innovations drive tomorrow’s success.
- Assess efficiency and effectiveness and work to improve both.
- Learn from our mistakes.
- Aide in menu evolution to reflect guest preferences and requests.
The knowledge, skills, and abilities we’re looking for:
- A respectful, inclusive people-centered, solution-oriented mindset.
- Knowledge of menu creation, culinary production, and food cost controls.
- Food Handler Serv Safe Certification, or the ability to get it within 30 days of hire.
- Ability to work all stations on the line.
- Above average knife skills, as well as proficiency in a variety of cooking techniques.
- Ability to work in a team and share responsibilities and duties.
- Ability to work with grace under pressure.
- Ability to be a friendly, empathic, and adept communicator.
- Ability to resolve interpersonal conflict in a straightforward and timely manner.
- Ability to gracefully accept and respond to feedback.
- Ability to set priorities, be organized, and be a self-starter.
- Ability to navigate technology efficiently.
- Ability to be flexible regarding work schedule. While we strive to ensure our team members have work-life balance, a minimum of 2 days of a week, and a regular schedule, occasionally this position will demand something different including the potential for working evenings/nights, early mornings, weekends, and/or holidays.
The Essential Physical Requirements of the job:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
Why Work for Nemacolin?
Experience the magic of Nemacolin. Reaching across 2,200 acres in the Laurel Highlands of Southwestern Pennsylvania, Nemacolin offers guests a getaway like no other. Elevated accommodations range from the thrilling grandeur of The Chateau and modern elegance of Falling Rock—both recipients of the Forbes Travel Guide 2022 Awards—to the refreshing ease of The Lodge as well as The Homes and The Estates. And that is just the beginning! Nemacolin comes to life with show-stopping dining from the Forbes Five-Star and AAA Five-Diamond Lautrec; two championship, Pete Dye-designed golf courses; award-winning spa and wellness services; Orvis-endorsed fly fishing; countless outdoor activities; and snow sports, shopping, wildlife experiences, art tours, magical seasonal events, and limitless fun for all. Adventure awaits. At Nemacolin, we strive to attract, retain, and develop the best and the brightest talent in the field. Unique amenities and a strong track record of exceeding industry standards make Nemacolin an employer of choice for those looking to pursue opportunities in areas such as lodging and guest services, food and beverage, recreation, culinary arts, golf, and retail, among others. Through a variety of training initiatives and a strong commitment to career development programs, we believe that we can help our associates to develop the skills necessary to advance within our organization.by offering competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits plan including:
- An attractive 401(k) plan
- Paid vacation, holidays, and personal hours
- Family medical, dental and vision insurance
- Long-term & short-term disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Educational assistance
- Local and resort discounts
- On-site uniform and dry-cleaning services
- Discounted meals during breaks in the associate break areas
Nemacolin promotes a culture of continuous learning for our associates. We are strongly committed to comprehensive professional development programs:
- Opportunities for advancement – At Nemacolin, we encourage our associates to grow within the organization and gain experience in a variety of departments to better understand the hospitality industry. Nemacolin prides itself on promoting from within the organization, and many of our mid and upper-level managers began in entry-level positions and advanced into their current roles.
- Associate Recognition programs – Nemacolin realizes that our associates help to set us apart from other organizations in the industry through their commitment to providing exceptional service and ability to consistently exceed guests’ expectations. Each month, associates can nominate others who have provided exceptional service, demonstrated leadership capabilities, or excelled in their areas of expertise. Winners receive an award for their efforts and are recognized by members of management.
- Mentoring and coaching programs – As a new associate, we provide a level of mentoring that is best suited to you to enhance your growth and career interests, while sharing knowledge, advice, and encouragement along the way.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
Nemacolin has consistently been recognized in the hospitality industry for providing superior customer service and outstanding facilities. We are very proud of what we have accomplished, and we would like to have the opportunity to share our enthusiasm with you. Some of our accomplishments include the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star rating, the AAA Five-Diamond rating, the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and a variety of other awards from Condé Nast Traveler, and Golf Digest, just to name a few.
ASSOCIATE REFERRAL PROGRAM
$1,000 Year-Round Referral Incentive - Receive a reward of $250.00 when you refer a new applicant who is hired and is employed for a minimum of 90 days! Receive a second reward of $250.00 when the referred associate continues their employment for a total of 6 months! Receive a third award of $500.00 when an associate continues their employment for 1 year!
Seasonal Referral Incentive- Receive a reward of $100.00 when you refer a seasonal applicant who is hired and is employed for a minimum of 60 days!
*Rewards not applicable for rehires.
- Enterprise - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate car rentals through Enterprise at a discount rate.
- X-Plan Ford Pricing - As a Ford Partner, Nemacolin gives you the ability to purchase or lease eligible vehicles at Ford Motor Company’s XPlan Pricing. The discounted prices are good on new, leased, or used vehicles. Your family members in the same household are also eligible to receive discounted prices, just because you work at Nemacolin.
- Verizon Wireless - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate to receive a 17% discount
- AT&T Wireless - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate to receive a 13% discount
- Sprint Wireless - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate to receive a 15% discount
- 84 Lumber - 17 % (associate must pay to haul).