Public Areas Housing Manager
No Job Description for a position can possibly include all duties that may be requested by guests or required by the hotel and/or management. The objective of all positions is to effectively provide the services personally, or to immediately refer requests to the appropriate department manager.
The Public Area Housekeeping Manager is responsible for ensuring the highest standards of cleanliness, safety, and compliance in assigned resort public areas. To achieve this goal, the Public Area Housekeeping Manager will be responsible for the supporting and developing the public area housekeeping team associates through structured training of new staff and ongoing skills development training for existing staff. Additionally, the Manager will establish and execute routine floor cleaning, deep cleaning, and preventative maintenance plans for all assigned areas and equipment.
- Manages the daily activities of the Public Area Housekeeping team to include appropriate routine and deep cleaning of all Chateau complex lobbies, restaurants, public restrooms, patios, lounges, corridors, and staircases; Spa; Peak; Visitor Center; Reservations; Turfgrass; Engineering; Warehouse; Nemacolin Outlet; Wildlife; Field Club; Auto Toy Store; Airplane Hanger; Wildlife Tour; Panoramic Pavilion; Golf Academy; Mini Golf; Mulligans; Hardy Girls Gym; Memorial Chapel; Baratollo; Membership Headquarters; Reflections; Paradise & Kids Pool.
- Plans, organizes, directs, and supports team members to ensure the highest degree of cleanliness and guest satisfaction in accordance with operational needs and budget.
- Conducts routine monitoring of team assignments. Gives reinforcing and/or instructional feedback, as needed.
- Establishes and executes routine floor cleaning program for all areas of responsibility including carpets, tile, and marble.
- Schedules and executes preventative maintenance program for all equipment. Proactively manages supply inventory within budget.
- Supports Housekeeping Department goals and other Housekeeping Managers, as needed. Fills in in other areas, as needed.
- Supports the execution of special projects, as assigned by Resort Leadership.
- Collaborates on Housekeeping department budget creation.
- Other duties, as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- 3 years of management experience in housekeeping, supervising 10+ associates.
- Knowledge of OSHA and safety standards within Housekeeping department.
- The ability to anticipate guest needs, change goals and direction quickly and multitask.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Proficiency with general office equipment.
- English proficiency.
- Must be able to work variable shifts including nights, weekends, and holidays.
Why Work for Nemacolin?
Experience the magic of Nemacolin. Reaching across 2,200 acres in the Laurel Highlands of Southwestern Pennsylvania, Nemacolin offers guests a getaway like no other. Elevated accommodations range from the thrilling grandeur of The Chateau and modern elegance of Falling Rock—both recipients of the Forbes Travel Guide 2022 Awards—to the refreshing ease of The Lodge as well as The Homes and The Estates. And that is just the beginning! Nemacolin comes to life with show-stopping dining from the Forbes Five-Star and AAA Five-Diamond Lautrec; two championship, Pete Dye-designed golf courses; award-winning spa and wellness services; Orvis®-endorsed fly fishing; countless outdoor activities; and snow sports, shopping, wildlife experiences, art tours, magical seasonal events, and limitless fun for all. Adventure awaits. At Nemacolin, we strive to attract, retain, and develop the best and the brightest talent in the field. Unique amenities and a strong track record of exceeding industry standards makes Nemacolin an employer of choice for those looking to pursue opportunities in areas such as lodging and guest services, food and beverage, recreation, culinary arts, golf, and retail, among others. Through a variety of training initiatives and a strong commitment to career development programs, we believe that we can help our associates to develop the skills necessary to advance within our organization.
- An attractive 401(k) plan
- Paid vacation, holidays, and personal hours
- Family medical, dental and vision insurance
- Long-term & short-term disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Educational assistance
- Local and resort discounts
- On-site uniform and dry-cleaning services
- Discounted meals during breaks in the associate break areas
Nemacolin promotes a culture of continuous learning for our associates. We are strongly committed to comprehensive professional development programs:
- Opportunities for advancement – At Nemacolin, we encourage our associates to grow within the organization and gain experience in a variety of departments to better understand the hospitality industry. Nemacolin prides itself on promoting from within the organization, and many of our mid and upper-level managers began in entry-level positions and advanced into their current roles.
- Associate Recognition programs – Nemacolin realizes that our associates help to set us apart from other organizations in the industry through their commitment to providing exceptional service and ability to consistently exceed guests’ expectations. Each month, associates can nominate others who have provided exceptional service, demonstrated leadership capabilities, or excelled in their areas of expertise. Winners receive an award for their efforts and are recognized by members of management.
- Mentoring and coaching programs – As a new associate, we provide a level of mentoring that is best suited to you to enhance your growth and career interests, while sharing knowledge, advice, and encouragement along the way.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
Nemacolin has consistently been recognized in the hospitality industry for providing superior customer service and outstanding facilities. We are very proud of what we have accomplished, and we would like to have the opportunity to share our enthusiasm with you. Some of our accomplishments include the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star rating, the AAA Five-Diamond rating, the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and a variety of other awards from Condé Nast Traveler, and Golf Digest, just to name a few.
ASSOCIATE REFERRAL PROGRAM
- Year-Round Referral Incentive - Receive a reward of $125.00 when you refer a new applicant who is hired and is employed for a minimum of 30 days! Receive a second reward of $125.00 when the referred associate continues their employment for a total of 90 days!
- Seasonal Referral Incentive - Receive a reward of $100.00 when you refer a seasonal applicant who is hired and is employed for a minimum of 60 days (rewards not applicable for rehires)!
- Enterprise - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate car rentals through Enterprise at a discount rate.
- X-Plan Ford Pricing - As a Ford Partner, Nemacolin gives you the ability to purchase or lease eligible vehicles at Ford Motor Company’s XPlan Pricing. The discounted prices are good on new, leased, or used vehicles. Your family members in the same household are also eligible to receive discounted prices, just because you work at Nemacolin.
- Verizon Wireless - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate to receive a 17% discount
- AT&T Wireless - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate to receive a 13% discount
- Sprint Wireless - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate to receive a 15% discount
- 84 Lumber - 17 % (associate must pay to haul).