Here at Nemacolin, our associates know to “Expect the Unexpected” – You have come across the career opportunity where entertainment and excitement are the job description. This position must be committed to making every experience memorable all while having fun and relishing the incredible atmosphere of the resort.
As a Recreation Coordinator, you will be responsible for creating “Real Life Magic” with guests as you facilitate all activities within the Peak and the resort. Nemacolin is looking for an enthusiastic recreational professional who has the willingness to learn all of the core disciplines of all Resort Recreations.
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this job class and are not all-inclusive for this position.)
- Responsible for facilitating the following activities: Zip Lines, Ropes Course, Climbing Wall, Target/Combat Paintball, Free Fall Platform, Bowling/Arcade, Miniature Golf, Jeep Off-Road Driving Academy, Polaris Off-Road Adventures, and Corporate Team building.
- Inspect all attractions daily.
- Represent the department professionally in all aspects.
- Assist in special programs and events.
- Provide world-class service to our guests.
- Other job duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Minimum of a high school education.
- Must possess a passion for outdoor activities.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to stand up to 8 hours at a time.
- Must be able to speak the English language fluently.
- Must be able to handle high-pressure situations.
- Customer service experience preferred.
- Must be able to work a variety of shifts – including holidays, weekends, etc.
- Must have a high energy level as good physical condition to maintain activities and various tasks.
These skills and abilities are typically acquired through the completion of a high school diploma or equivalent, as well as through recreational experience.
This job description cannot possibly include a complete comprehensive listing of all the activities, duties or responsibilities that may be require by the organization and/or members of management. It reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, but it does not prescribe or restrict the additional tasks that may be required.
WHY WORK FOR NEMACOLIN?
Kick-start your career at Nemacolin, a world-renowned luxury resort nestled in southwestern Pennsylvania. Nemacolin boasts an unparalleled blend of elegance and adventure, offering an array of amenities that redefine luxury. With two Forbes-rated hotels from which to choose, guests are treated to the epitome of comfort and style. A five-star, five-diamond restaurant sets the stage for exquisite dining experiences, while our on-site wildlife habitats bring animal encounters to a whole new level. The opulent spa, championship golf courses, and a range of outdoor activities, including fly fishing, skiing, and snowboarding, provide a holistic and exciting getaway.
As a part of the Nemacolin team, you'll have the chance to work in a dynamic and supportive environment where your skills and passion will flourish. We believe in fostering growth and providing our team members with opportunities to shine and advance in their careers. Join us in delivering unparalleled experiences that leave lasting memories for our cherished guests and members. Real Life Magic meets boundless opportunity at Nemacolin. Come, be a part of it!
What is in it for you? As a Nemacolin associate, you won’t just have a bright future — you’ll have a bright present! You are invited to join our warm, supportive community, where you’ll enjoy competitive wages, exciting events, a full suite of benefits, discounts, and perks, and access to amenities at our associate community Wisteria.
- Attractive 401(k) plan
- Paid vacation, holidays, and personal hours
- Family medical, dental, and vision insurance. Long-term and short-term disability insurance
- Employee and educational assistance program
- Up to 40% off Retail, Spa, Activities, Food and Beverage at the Resort
- On-site uniform and dry-cleaning services
- Discounted meals during breaks in associate break areas
Wisteria Associate Community- Wisteria is Nemacolin’s way of showing our appreciation to our associates. This neighborhood is exclusive to associates and contains a Pub, Market, and Fitness Center. As a member of Team Nemacolin, you’ll enjoy these exclusive amenities.
Associate Recognition programs- Nemacolin realizes that our associates help to set us apart from other organizations in the industry through their commitment to providing exceptional service and their ability to consistently exceed guests’ expectations.
Nemacolin promotes a culture of continuous learning for our associates. We are strongly committed to comprehensive professional development programs:
- Opportunities for advancement – At Nemacolin, we encourage our associates to grow within the organization and gain experience in a variety of departments to better understand the hospitality industry. Nemacolin prides itself on promoting from within the organization, and many of our upper-level managers began in entry-level positions and advanced into their current roles.
- Mentoring and coaching programs – As a new associate, we provide a level of mentoring that is best suited to you to enhance your growth and career interests, while sharing knowledge, advice, and encouragement along the way.
(Keywords: Recreation, Activities, Fun, Exciting, Outgoing, Outdoors, Rope Course, Obstacle, Course, Games, Customer Service, Guest Service, Sport, Coordinator, Morgantown, Pennsylvania, Uniontown, Farmington, Confluence, Markleysburg, Pittsburgh, Lemont Furnace, Mount Pleasant, Washington, Greene County, Westmoreland, Fayette, Hotel, Hospitality, resort, Lodge, lodging, Assistant, personal, customer service, Jobs near me)