Resort Executive Chef
Here at Nemacolin resort, our associates know to “Expect the Unexpected” … You have just come across the career opportunity where entertainment and excitement ARE the job description. We’re looking for individuals who are committed to making an experience memorable, all while having fun and relishing in the incredible atmosphere of our Resort.
We are seeking a hands-on, roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-the-best-food-in-the-world, Resort Executive Chef! This is a unique opportunity to lead and unify a team of amazing Culinary leaders, representing world-class outlets, ranging from creative casual to 5-Star, 5-Diamond rated culinary experiences!
Be Excellent, Be Engaged, Be Empowered to Create Lifelong Memories!
- Lead by example, along-side a team of talented culinary professionals.
- Make periodic and regular inspections of meal services to observe quality of food preparation and service; food appearance; and cleanliness and sanitation of production and service areas, equipment and employee appearance.
- Coordinate all training activities for kitchen, bake shop and other production and service employees, including the identification and analysis of training needs and the design and implementation of programs to address these deficiencies.
- In coordination with all outlet Executive Chefs, help develop recipes and portion specifications in accordance with consumer tastes, nutritional needs, product specifications, ease of preparation and established procedures and with an eye for balancing best-in-class with profitability; participate in other menu planning activities to include the determination of purchasing specifications, product and recipe testing and menu development.
- Assist Outlet Chef teams as needed in areas such as expo, plate presentation, special function menu planning and the design of new service areas and outlets.
- Prepare operational reports and analyses setting forth progress and adverse trends and make appropriate recommendations.
- Work with all Outlet Chef teams to appropriately plan staffing and recruitment efforts to maintain best-in-class work teams and service
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- 5+ years overseeing culinary operations in a multi-outlet luxury resort with diverse culinary cuisine.
- Forbes 4 or 5 star/AAA 4 or 5 Diamond/Michelin Star Restaurant Culinary Leadership Experience Preferred.
- 5+ years experience overseeing 4 or more Restaurant Chef De Cuisines/Room Chefs/Executive Restaurant Chefs at one time in multiple culinary outlets.
- 5+ years overseeing fine-dining operations.
- Proven experience improving resort culinary operations.