Resort Reservations Internship
This position provides an opportunity to develop and refine sales skills and grow within a 5-star culture. This role offers an opportunity to contribute to the reservation team by ’s assisting guests in planning their visit and promoting all Nemacolin offerings. The individual in this position answers guest inquiries regarding various resort amenities, maintains knowledge of resort offerings and hours of operation, coordinates guest activities with other departments to ensure an optimal experience, and may be provided additional responsibilities to help future support the team and grow transferable skills!
Leadership Development opportunities are also available!
- Maintain current knowledge of all resort offerings and hours of operation.
- Provide information about local features, such as shopping, dining, nightlife, or recreational destinations.
- Answer incoming phone calls, emails, and web chats to assist guests with any inquiries regarding resort offerings.
- Follow up on voicemails and leads by making outbound phone calls.
- Engage in a sales process to help uncover guests’ needs and sell the resort and resort experiences.
- Demonstrate Five-Star and Five-Diamond Service Standards.
- Make accurate reservations to help curate memorable stays.
- Coordinate projects that provide the reservations team support, tools, and knowledge.
- Help update data-driven reports that help measure the team’s performance.
- Learn about problem resolution and office management.
- Perform any additional duties and responsibilities as assigned by reservations and revenue leadership teams.
- Processing gift card orders.
- Completing a variety of training programs with shadowing opportunities with other departments throughout the resort.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must be enrolled in or a recent graduate of a Bachelor's degree program in Hospitality Management, Communication, Business, or a related discipline.
- Ability to multitask including talking, navigating computer programs, and typing.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with a strong emphasis on exceptional telephone etiquette and verbiage with the ability to speak English fluently.
- Ability to work varying shifts including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Highly motivated to make a difference and have a drive for personal success.
- Eagerness to grow your skill set and willingness to learn.
WHY WORK FOR NEMACOLIN?
Experience the magic of Nemacolin. Reaching across 2,200 acres in the Laurel Highlands of Southwestern Pennsylvania, Nemacolin offers guests a getaway like no other. Elevated accommodations range from the thrilling grandeur of The Chateau and modern elegance of Falling Rock—both recipients of the Forbes Travel Guide 2020 Awards—to the refreshing ease of The Lodge as well as The Homes and The Estates. And that is just the beginning! Nemacolin comes to life with show-stopping dining from the Forbes Five-Star and AAA Five-Diamond Lautrec; two championship, Pete Dye-designed golf courses; award-winning spa and wellness services; Orvis®-endorsed fly fishing; countless outdoor activities; and snow sports, shopping, wildlife experiences, art tours, magical seasonal events, and limitless fun for all. Adventure awaits. At Nemacolin, we strive to attract, retain and develop the best and brightest talent in the field. Unique amenities and a strong track record of exceeding industry standards make Nemacolin an employer of choice for those looking to pursue opportunities in areas such as lodging and guest services, food and beverage, recreation, culinary arts, golf, and retail, among others. Through a variety of training initiatives and a strong commitment to career development programs, we believe that we can help our associates to develop the skills necessary to advance within our organization.
- An attractive 401(k) plan
- Paid vacation, holidays, and personal hours
- Family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Long-term & short-term disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Educational assistance
- Local and resort discounts
- On-site uniform and dry-cleaning services
- Discounted meals during breaks in the associate break areas
Nemacolin promotes a culture of continuous learning for our associates. We are strongly committed to comprehensive professional development programs:
- Opportunities for advancement – At Nemacolin, we encourage our associates to grow within the organization and gain experience in a variety of departments to better understand the hospitality industry. Nemacolin prides itself on promoting from within the organization, and many of our mid and upper-level managers began in entry-level positions and advanced into their current roles.
- Associate Recognition programs – Nemacolin realizes that our associates help to set us apart from other organizations in the industry through their commitment to providing exceptional service and ability to consistently exceed guests’ expectations. Each month, associates can nominate others who have provided exceptional service, demonstrated leadership capabilities, or excelled in their areas of expertise. Winners receive an award for their efforts and are recognized by members of management.
- Mentoring and coaching programs – As a new associate, we provide a level of mentoring that is best suited to you to enhance your growth and career interests, while sharing knowledge, advice, and encouragement along the way.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
Nemacolin has consistently been recognized in the hospitality industry for providing superior customer service and outstanding facilities. We are very proud of what we have accomplished, and we would like to have the opportunity to share our enthusiasm with you. Some of our accomplishments include the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star rating, the AAA Five-Diamond rating, the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and a variety of other awards from Condé Nast Traveler, and Golf Digest, just to name a few.
ASSOCIATE REFERRAL PROGRAM
- Year-Round Referral Incentive - Receive a reward of $250.00 when you refer a new applicant who is hired and is employed for a minimum of 90 days! Receive a second reward of $250.00 when the referred associate continues their employment for a total of 6 months! Receive a third award of $500.00 when an associate continues their employment for 1 year (rewards not applicable for rehires)!
- Seasonal Referral Incentive - Receive a reward of $100.00 when you refer a seasonal applicant who is hired and is employed for a minimum of 60 days (rewards not applicable for rehires)!
- Enterprise - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate car rentals through Enterprise at a discount rate.
- X-Plan Ford Pricing - As a Ford Partner, Nemacolin gives you the ability to purchase or lease eligible vehicles at Ford Motor Company’s XPlan Pricing. The discounted prices are good on new, leased, or used vehicles. Your family members in the same household are also eligible to receive discounted prices, just because you work at Nemacolin.
- Verizon Wireless - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate to receive a 17% discount.
- Sprint Wireless - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate to receive a 15% discount.
- 84 Lumber - 17 % (associate must pay to haul).