Restaurant Assistant Manager - Barattolo
Here at Nemacolin, our associates know to “Expect the Unexpected” – You have come across the career opportunity where entertainment and excitement are the job description. This position must be committed to making every experience memorable all while having fun and relishing the incredible atmosphere of the resort.
The Assistant Manager is responsible for assisting in overseeing all day-to-day operations of restaurant, ensuring that every guest experience is a memorable one. This position plays a key role in the Food and Beverage Department as part of the management team. All outlet leaders are responsible for the fiscal success of both their managing outlet and the overall success of the Food and Beverage Department through teamwork, promotion and retention of associates, as well as creative problem solving.
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this job class and are not all-inclusive for this position.)
- Delivers internal and external guest service the Nemacolin way. Goes above and beyond – whether for an associate or guest.
- Responsible for actively building and retaining guest relations and acts as a mentor to other employees and coworkers to provide superior guest service.
- Responsible for all day-to-day restaurant operations
- Communicates directly and on behalf of the owner, executives, associates, family members and others, on matter related to owner’s interest.
- Meets all financial goals in accordance to budget.
- Works closely with the Chef de Cuisine and Restaurant Manager of the outlet to create an atmosphere of teamwork.
- Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach – including drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence and other tasks that facilitates the team’s ability to effectively lead the company.
- Approves all schedules created by management team.
- Ensures accurate and timely submission of payroll.
- Communicates all resort news to associates as needed.
- Attends all mandatory meetings within department and resort.
- Following up with guest concerns in a timely fashion.
- Assist in creating yearly operating budget.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to multi-task in high-pressure situations while maintaining confidentiality.
- Demonstrates independent and advanced decision-making for complex problems by utilizing critical thinking, analysis and problem-solving.
- Outstanding time-management skills, with proven ability to accomplish numerous tasks and challenging priorities in an effective and timely manner; demonstrated ability to execute on short-term, deadline-driven tasks daily, as well as important long-term projects requiring collaboration from multiple parties.
- Ability to hand confidential information with discretion and tact.
- Works with Food and Beverage leaders to ensure all compliance (RAMP, ServSafe, Knife and Blade, etc) and leadership training requirements are met.
- Provides impartial coaching and instructive feedback to all Food and Beverage leaders during training, service and recovery investigations.
- Reviews resort daily financial reports and responds accordingly by providing instructive feedback and recommendations as necessary.
- Responsible for guest satisfaction and ensures/reinforces Forbes Five Star and/or Four Diamond standards are achieved and sustained while interacting with guests utilizing the Nemacolin brand standard – providing the guest with information about the resort – highlighting unique features and offerings.
- Regularly responsible for associate engagement and provides feedback on creating a positive atmosphere for associates.
- Creates work schedules to ensure adequate staffing during dining periods and actively moves through the dining room – assisting associates when necessary, interacting with guests, and generally overseeing the fine dining service standards meet/exceed standards.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with external contacts and all levels of associates.
- Ability to use all required office equipment in an effective and efficient manner.
- Other job duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Associate’s degree required in Hospitality or related field; bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 1-year supervisory experience in a Food & Beverage Restaurant or outlet
- Experience in a Forbes four or five star rated restaurant is preferred; superior customer/guest service relations experience required.
- Must possess an outgoing personality and knowledge of superior customer service training.
- Must possess superior communication skills and the ability to manage workflow orders while developing positive FOH and BOH relationships.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Candidate must have the ability to work varying shifts, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be able to speak English fluently.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical functions.
- Knowledge of and ability to operate Microsoft Office Programs – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Proven track record of staff development and retention.
- Demonstrates interpersonal sound judgment and decision-making skills in directing administrative tasks, using discretion when necessary, understanding the potential impact on the department.
- Must be able to lift/push/pull/carry no more the 5-30 lbs.
- Ability to stand continuously for 95%, operate equipment for 15%, kneel for 20%, bend for 50%, climb for 35%, and drive for 0% of their scheduled shift.
This job description cannot possibly include a complete comprehensive listing of all the activities, duties or responsibilities that may be require by the organization and/or members of management. It reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, but it does not prescribe or restrict the additional tasks that may be required.
Why work for Nemacolin?
Located in the beautiful Laurel Highlands of Southwestern Pennsylvania, Nemacolin Resort is the area’s premier destination for launching a Five-Star, Five-Diamond career in the hospitality industry. At Nemacolin, we strive to attract, retain, and develop the best and the brightest talent in the field. Our unique amenities and strong track record of exceeding industry standards make Nemacolin an employer of choice for those looking to pursue opportunities in areas such as lodging and guest services, food and beverage, recreation, culinary arts, golf, and retail, among others. Through a variety of training initiatives and a strong commitment to career development programs, we believe that we can help our associates to develop the skills necessary to advance within our organization by offering our associates competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits plan including:
- An attractive 401(k) plan
- Paid vacation, holidays and personal hours
- Family medical, dental and vision insurance
- Long-term & short-term disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Educational assistance
- Local and resort discounts
- On-site uniform and dry-cleaning services
- Discounted meals during breaks in the associate break areas
Nemacolin promotes a culture of continuous learning for our associates. We are strongly committed to comprehensive professional development programs:
- Opportunities for advancement – At Nemacolin Resort, we encourage our associates to grow within the organization and gain experience in a variety of departments in order to better understand the hospitality industry. Nemacolin prides itself on promoting from within the organization, and many of our mid and upper-level managers began in entry-level positions and advanced into their current roles.
- Associate Recognition programs – Nemacolin Resort realizes that our associates help to set us apart from other organizations in the industry through their commitment to providing exceptional service and ability to consistently exceed guests’ expectations. Each month, associates can nominate others who have provided exceptional service, demonstrated leadership capabilities, or excelled in their areas of expertise. Winners receive an award for their efforts and are recognized by members of management.
- Mentoring and coaching programs – As a new associate, we provide a level of mentoring that is best suited to you to enhance your growth and career interests, while sharing knowledge, advice and encouragement along the way.
Awards and Accolades
Nemacolin resort has consistently been recognized in the hospitality industry for providing superior customer service and outstanding facilities. We are very proud of what we have accomplished, and we would like to have the opportunity to share our enthusiasm with you. Some of our accomplishments include the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star rating, the AAA Five-Diamond rating, the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and a variety of other awards from Condé Nast Traveler, and Golf Digest, just to name a few.
(Keywords: Uniontown, Morgantown, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Manager, Restaurant, Restaurant Manager, Restaurant Assistant Manager, Barattolo)