Restaurant Manager - Fine Dining
The Lautrec Restaurant Manager is responsible for creating a fine dining experience that creates and ensures a positive and memorable guest dining experience. Will be accountable for overseeing all day-to-day operations of Lautrec from planning to execution of all Forbes Five Star and Five Diamond Standards, quality assurance, inventory of supplies and disposable goods, forecasting business levels, front-of-house related responsibilities. Will provide collaborative leadership working closing with the Executive Chef and/or Chef de Cuisine in attracting and retaining top talent, and creating a great place to work atmosphere for all Associates. This position is a key leadership role within the Food and Beverage Department’s management team.
- Direct, plan, supervise, and monitor the day-to-day operations to ensure that each dinner shift runs flawlessly from an execution and guest experience standpoint
- Working closing with Executive Chef and/or Chef de Cuisine to attract, select, and retrain top talent, and creating a positive and professional work atmosphere
- May assist Executive Chef and/or Chef de Cuisine and culinary team on menu recommendations; works closely with sommelier on wine offerings
- Develop, coach, and engage Associates to ensure teamwork, and Associate satisfaction and recognition
- Oversee weekly, monthly, and quarterly accounting for revenues and expenses
- Review resort daily financial report and respond accordingly
- Manage salaries and wages, and operating expense in-line with the approved financial plan and budget
- Ensures and reinforces Forbes Five Star and/or Four Diamond Standards are achieved and sustained
- Interact with guests utilizing Nemacolin’s brand standards, providing the guest with information about the resort, and highlighting unique features and offerings
- Owns and solves and any guest concerns or complaints in a timely and extraordinary guest-centric manner
- Train and develop staff, ensuring performance quality and memorable experiences for guests
- Coach, manage, evaluate, and provide performance feedback to a diverse, predominantly professional level staff
- Create standard operating procedures that establish clarity and consistency, drive accountability, and ensure safe operations and sound execution of all restaurant management activities
- Create work schedules to ensure adequate staffing; during dining periods is present and continuously moves through the dining room, assisting Associates when necessary, interacting with guests, and generally overseeing that the fine dining service meets/exceeds the restaurant’s standards
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in hospitality management or 4-5 years equivalent fine dining restaurant management work experience
- Experience in a Forbes 4 or 5 star rated restaurant is preferred; superior customer/guest relations experience required
- Strong wine knowledge preferred
- Must have proven leadership and communications skills to easily establish rapport with FOH and BOH peers and Associates
- Excellent managerial, accounting/finance skills, and computer/systems proficiency
- Proven track record of staff development and retention
- Possess an outgoing professional, collaborative, and positive demeanor in all interactions
- Be able to multi task; adapt to change; and problem solve with finesse
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Must be able to speak English
- Communicate all resort news to Associates as needed; conduct daily stand-up meetings with Associates/team
- Attend all mandatory meetings within F&B department and resort
- Must be able to lift/pull/push/carry approximately 10-30 pounds
- Must be able to stand continuously for 90-95% periods of time
Why Work for Nemacolin?
Experience the magic of Nemacolin. Reaching across 2,200 acres in the Laurel Highlands of Southwestern Pennsylvania, Nemacolin offers guests a getaway like no other. Elevated accommodations range from the thrilling grandeur of The Chateau and modern elegance of Falling Rock—both recipients of the Forbes Travel Guide 2022 Awards—to the refreshing ease of The Lodge as well as The Homes and The Estates. And that is just the beginning! Nemacolin comes to life with show-stopping dining from the Forbes Five-Star and AAA Five-Diamond Lautrec; two championship, Pete Dye-designed golf courses; award-winning spa and wellness services; Orvis®-endorsed fly fishing; countless outdoor activities; and snow sports, shopping, wildlife experiences, art tours, magical seasonal events, and limitless fun for all. Adventure awaits. At Nemacolin, we strive to attract, retain, and develop the best and the brightest talent in the field. Unique amenities and a strong track record of exceeding industry standards makes Nemacolin an employer of choice for those looking to pursue opportunities in areas such as lodging and guest services, food and beverage, recreation, culinary arts, golf, and retail, among others. Through a variety of training initiatives and a strong commitment to career development programs, we believe that we can help our associates to develop the skills necessary to advance within our organization.
- An attractive 401(k) plan
- Paid vacation, holidays, and personal hours
- Family medical, dental and vision insurance
- Long-term & short-term disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Educational assistance
- Local and resort discounts
- On-site uniform and dry-cleaning services
- Discounted meals during breaks in the associate break areas
Nemacolin promotes a culture of continuous learning for our associates. We are strongly committed to comprehensive professional development programs:
- Opportunities for advancement – At Nemacolin, we encourage our associates to grow within the organization and gain experience in a variety of departments to better understand the hospitality industry. Nemacolin prides itself on promoting from within the organization, and many of our mid and upper-level managers began in entry-level positions and advanced into their current roles.
- Associate Recognition programs – Nemacolin realizes that our associates help to set us apart from other organizations in the industry through their commitment to providing exceptional service and ability to consistently exceed guests’ expectations. Each month, associates can nominate others who have provided exceptional service, demonstrated leadership capabilities, or excelled in their areas of expertise. Winners receive an award for their efforts and are recognized by members of management.
- Mentoring and coaching programs – As a new associate, we provide a level of mentoring that is best suited to you to enhance your growth and career interests, while sharing knowledge, advice, and encouragement along the way.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
Nemacolin has consistently been recognized in the hospitality industry for providing superior customer service and outstanding facilities. We are very proud of what we have accomplished, and we would like to have the opportunity to share our enthusiasm with you. Some of our accomplishments include the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star rating, the AAA Five-Diamond rating, the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and a variety of other awards from Condé Nast Traveler, and Golf Digest, just to name a few.
- Enterprise - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate car rentals through Enterprise at a discount rate.
- X-Plan Ford Pricing - As a Ford Partner, Nemacolin gives you the ability to purchase or lease eligible vehicles at Ford Motor Company’s XPlan Pricing. The discounted prices are good on new, leased, or used vehicles. Your family members in the same household are also eligible to receive discounted prices, just because you work at Nemacolin.
- Verizon Wireless - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate to receive a 17% discount
- AT&T Wireless - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate to receive a 13% discount
- Sprint Wireless - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate to receive a 15% discount
- 84 Lumber - 17 % (associate must pay to haul).