Rockwell's Assistant Manager
The Assistant Manager is responsible for assisting in overseeing all day-to-day operations of Rockwell's and In Room Dining, ensuring that every guest experience is a memorable one. This position plays a key role in the Food and Beverage Department as part of the management team. All outlet managers are responsible for the fiscal success of both their managing outlet and the overall success of the Food and Beverage Department through teamwork, promotion & retention of associates, as well as creative problem solving.
- Responsible for all day to day operations
- Developing all associates from line level to Asst. Restaurant Manager
- Meeting all financial goals in accordance to budget
- Working closely with the Chef de Cuisine of the outlet to create an atmosphere of teamwork
- Leadership to associates at all levels
- Approving all schedules created by management team
- Ensuring accurate and timely submission of payroll
- Communicate all resort news to associates as needed
- Attend all mandatory meeting within department and resort
- Following up with guest concerns in a timely fashion
- Assist in creating yearly operating budget
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Associates degree required in Hospitality or related field; Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 1 year supervisory experience in a Food & Beverage Restaurant or outlet
- Must possess an outgoing personality and knowledge of superior customer service training.
- Must possess superior communication skills and the ability to manage workflow orders while developing positive FOH and BOH relationships.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Candidate must have the ability to work varying shifts, including evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Must be able to speak English fluently
- Candidates must be able to lift/push/pull/carry no more the 5-30 lbs
- Candidates must be able to stand continuously for 95%, operate equipment for 15%, kneel for 20%, bend for 50%, climb for 35%, and drive for 0% of their scheduled shift
Nemacolin requires all Associates to be vaccinated for COVID-19
Why work for Nemacolin?
Located in the beautiful Laurel Highlands of Southwestern Pennsylvania, Nemacolin Woodlands Resort is the area’s premier destination for launching a Five-Star, Five-Diamond career in the hospitality industry. At Nemacolin, we strive to attract, retain, and develop the best and the brightest talent in the field. Our unique amenities and strong track record of exceeding industry standards make Nemacolin an employer of choice for those looking to pursue opportunities in areas such as lodging and guest services, food and beverage, recreation, culinary arts, golf, and retail, among others. Through a variety of training initiatives and a strong commitment to career development programs, we believe that we can help our associates to develop the skills necessary to advance within our organization by offering our associates competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits plan including:
- An attractive 401(k) plan
- Paid vacation, holidays and personal hours
- Family medical, dental and vision insurance
- Long-term & short-term disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Educational assistance
- Local and resort discounts
- On-site uniform and dry-cleaning services
- Discounted meals during breaks in the associate break areas
Nemacolin promotes a culture of continuous learning for our associates. We are strongly committed to comprehensive professional development programs:
- Opportunities for advancement – At Nemacolin Woodlands Resort, we encourage our associates to grow within the organization and gain experience in a variety of departments in order to better understand the hospitality industry. Nemacolin prides itself on promoting from within the organization, and many of our mid and upper-level managers began in entry-level positions and advanced into their current roles.
- Associate Recognition programs – Nemacolin Woodlands Resort realizes that our associates help to set us apart from other organizations in the industry through their commitment to providing exceptional service and ability to consistently exceed guests’ expectations. Each month, associates can nominate others who have provided exceptional service, demonstrated leadership capabilities, or excelled in their areas of expertise. Winners receive an award for their efforts and are recognized by members of management.
- Mentoring and coaching programs – As a new associate, we provide a level of mentoring that is best suited to you to enhance your growth and career interests, while sharing knowledge, advice and encouragement along the way.
Awards and Accolades
Nemacolin Woodlands Resort has consistently been recognized in the hospitality industry for providing superior customer service and outstanding facilities. We are very proud of what we have accomplished, and we would like to have the opportunity to share our enthusiasm with you. Some of our accomplishments include the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star rating, the AAA Five-Diamond rating, the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and a variety of other awards from Condé Nast Traveler, and Golf Digest, just to name a few.