Salon and Spa Manager
Primary responsibility is to assist in providing leadership, direction and supervision of staff in the daily operations of the Spa, including, but not limited to, guest services, salon, fitness programs, and spa packages and programs. The Spa and Salon Manager is the primary “Manager on Duty” for the Spa. Directly managing front desk operations, locker room and salon associates to ensure prompt, courteous and efficient 5 Star customer service is provided. Assist in the training and re-training of associates. Maintain open lines of communication with other managers, associates, and departments. Resolve guest complaints quickly and efficiently and to the guest’s satisfaction.
- Secure and maintain exceptional job knowledge as it pertains to Spa and Salon Manager Position.
- Manage daily business operations of the Front Desk, Locker Rooms and Salon teams with a “hands-on” approach, covering shifts as needed or as business levels demand. Know in detail all opening and closing responsibilities.
- Maintain an efficient workspace by keeping stationery supplies stocked and monitoring/maintain the cleanliness and orderliness of the Front Desk, Locker and salon facilities and staff.
- Manage key administrative processes for the spa such as reconciling over and shorts and cash handling issues for all agents; reviewing and tracing comps to provide resolution when necessary; managing manage revenue to ensure it is collected, accounted for, and all discrepancies reconciled; adjusting charges, comp services, and discount services to reconcile discrepancies and/or guest complaints; processing cancellation and no show fees; serving as the spa administrator for computer scheduling system, entering new associates, services, and fees.
- Interview, hire, train, supervise and evaluate all support/operational staff team members by monitoring performance, coaching and disciplining as needed.
- Responsible for achieving maximum profitability of the Salon by working within budgetary constraints to ensure fiscal management of outside training resources, inventory and product usage.
- Assist in the development of job descriptions for all guest services and salon positions.
- Schedule and co-ordinate training and classes with vendors in order to keep staff current within the industry. This may include organizing hair shows and special training events held on Nemacolin property for outside individuals as well as in-house associates.
- Track, coach and monitor goals as set in the Salon Plan for retail sales, client retention, attendance, discipline, training etc.
- Assist in creating a spa culture which delivers high levels of associate satisfaction and engagement, where associates have the tools, resources, support and environment needed to meet/exceed expectations.
- Maintain a competent and motivated team, creating a learning environment, which maximizes productivity, skill development and team member retention and on-going incentive programs.
- Guide and supervise on-going program development and staff training in accordance with Forbes 5 Star Guidelines.
- Conduct regular formal and informal spa staff meetings for purposes of informing, training and inspiring staff, including “Daily Line Ups.”
- Monitor staffing levels and prepare/approve schedules according to projected business volume.
- Monitor payroll for all areas of responsibility, such as Front Desk and Locker room attendants.
- Maintain close contact with guests of the spa to deliver high levels of guest satisfaction, encourage repeat business, and promote positive word-of-mouth.
- Ensure the overall smooth operation of the guest experience and that all associates deliver excellent customer service.
- Handle problems or complaints by guests. Demonstrate respect, sensitivity, and concern for guests’ needs in a professional manner.
- Ensure associates develop and maintain effective guest relations.
- Continually develop and refine personal levels of managerial effectiveness.
- Communication and feedback are keys to effective management – continue to refine verbal and written communication skills. Excel at the art of constructive feedback and crucial conversations.
- Grow in understanding of the resort, spa, and management by attending meetings as directed by Group Sales Manager and Spa Director, assisting the Spa Group Manager with group bookings, and recommending and executing special projects/promotions as directed.
- Uphold and exceed company standards of conduct pertaining to all policies, procedures, and standards. Ensure the role is executed in a fashion that is beyond reproach and exceeds the standards of ethical conduct.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Two years of management or supervisor experience in high-quality, luxury-oriented resort spa, destination spa facility, full-service salon, or hotel.
- Knowledge of overseeing Hotel or Spa front desk/reservations operations.
- Must have valid cosmetology license.
- Strong computer skills required – excel and Microsoft word.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
WHY WORK FOR NEMACOLIN?
Experience the magic of Nemacolin. Reaching across 2,200 acres in the Laurel Highlands of Southwestern Pennsylvania, Nemacolin offers guests a getaway like no other. Elevated accommodations range from the thrilling grandeur of The Chateau and modern elegance of Falling Rock—both recipients of the Forbes Travel Guide 2022 Awards—to the refreshing ease of The Lodge as well as The Homes and The Estates. And that is just the beginning! Nemacolin comes to life with show-stopping dining from the Forbes Five-Star and AAA Five-Diamond Lautrec; two championship, Pete Dye-designed golf courses; award-winning spa and wellness services; Orvis-endorsed fly fishing; countless outdoor activities; and snow sports, shopping, wildlife experiences, art tours, magical seasonal events, and limitless fun for all. Adventure awaits.
At Nemacolin, we strive to attract, retain, and develop the best and the brightest talent in the field. Unique amenities and a strong track record of exceeding industry standards make Nemacolin an employer of choice for those looking to pursue opportunities in areas such as lodging and guest services, food and beverage, recreation, culinary arts, golf, and retail, among others. Through a variety of training initiatives and a strong commitment to career development programs, we believe that we can help our associates to develop the skills necessary to advance within our organization.
Nemacolin promotes a culture of continuous learning for our associates. We are strongly committed to comprehensive professional development programs:
- Opportunities for advancement – At Nemacolin, we encourage our associates to grow within the organization and gain experience in a variety of departments to better understand the hospitality industry. Nemacolin prides itself on promoting from within the organization, and many of our mid and upper-level managers began in entry-level positions and advanced into their current roles.
- Associate Recognition programs – Nemacolin realizes that our associates help to set us apart from other organizations in the industry through their commitment to providing exceptional service and ability to consistently exceed guests’ expectations. Each month, associates can nominate others who have provided exceptional service, demonstrated leadership capabilities, or excelled in their areas of expertise. Winners receive an award for their efforts and are recognized by members of management.
- Mentoring and coaching programs – As a new associate, we provide a level of mentoring that is best suited to you to enhance your growth and career interests, while sharing knowledge, advice, and encouragement along the way.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
Nemacolin has consistently been recognized in the hospitality industry for providing superior customer service and outstanding facilities. We are very proud of what we have accomplished, and we would like to have the opportunity to share our enthusiasm with you. Some of our accomplishments include the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star rating, the AAA Five-Diamond rating, the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and a variety of other awards from Condé Nast Traveler, and Golf Digest, just to name a few.
ASSOCIATE REFERRAL PROGRAM
- Year-Round Referral Incentive - Receive a reward of $250.00 when you refer a new applicant who is hired and is employed for a minimum of 90 days! Receive a second reward of $250.00 when the referred associate continues their employment for a total of 6 months and a reward of $500.00 when the referred associate achieves one year of service!
- Seasonal Referral Incentive - Receive a reward of $100.00 when you refer a seasonal applicant who is hired and is employed for a minimum of 60 days (rewards not applicable for rehires)!
ASSOCIATE DISCOUNTS AND BENEFITS
- An attractive 401(k) plan
- Paid vacation, holidays, and personal hours
- Family medical, dental and vision insurance
- Long-term & short-term disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Educational assistance
- Local and resort discounts
- On-site uniform and dry-cleaning services
- Discounted meals during breaks in the associate break areas
- And More!