The primary responsibility of the Seamstress is to offer repairs and alterations to garments and linen offered to our guests, VIPs, and associates.
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this job class and are not all-inclusive for this position.)
- Alter and repair garments and linens according to department policies.
- Operate all machinery in a safe and efficient manner.
- Tag and/or mark garments as needed.
- Keep accurate records of all materials needed and used to alter and repair garments.
- Possess and execute complete knowledge of wardrobe policies and procedures.
- Maintain inventory levels by accurately tracking uniforms that are distributed and collected while providing requisition information to operating manager based on assessed needs.
- Report uniform quality and maintenance problems to the Uniform Room Manager.
- Submit purchase requisitions for approval for alteration supplies.
- Report any safety hazards to assigned supervisor.
- Other Job duties assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of garment alteration and repairs.
- Ability to follow through with repairs and alterations to departmental standards.
- Ability to stand for an extended period of time while using hands and arms.
- Ability to work safely with moving machinery.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Learn tasks quickly.
- Detailed oriented with a high standard of quality and a personable, team player.
- Punctual with excellence in attendance and the ability to work overtime as needed.
- Candidates are required to see and differentiate colors for accuracy in inspecting the product during and after being processed.
- Able to apply common sense and strategic thinking in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work with minimal supervision or direction.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds.
- Must be able to bend, twist, and stand for an 8-hour shift.
This job description cannot possibly include a complete comprehensive listing of all the activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required by the organization and/or members of management. It reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, but it does not prescribe or restrict the additional tasks that may be required.