Here at Nemacolin, our associates know to “Expect the Unexpected” – You have come across the career opportunity where entertainment and excitement are the job description. This position must be committed to making every experience memorable all while having fun and relishing the incredible atmosphere of the resort.
As a server assistant (SA) assistant (SA) you will be responsible for developing an environment that creates excitement for internal and external guests. In this position, you will also be responsible for creating “Real Life Magic” for our guests. You will provide extraordinary guest service – going above and beyond in all situations. The server assistant (SA) assistant (SA) also has the ability to exercise good judgement in a variety of situations – utilizing interpersonal skills & luxury standards to create a world class dining experience.
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this job class and are not all-inclusive for this position.)
- Responsible for actively building & retaining guest relations, acting as a direct support to servers throughout service, contributing to the guest experience
- Serves guests in a variety of environments, providing tasks such as but not limited to water & bread service
- Perform all tasks assigned by the manager (side-work, cleaning etc.), including other duties outside of daily-weekly checklist duties.
- Creating a genuine experience for dining & beverage service, following all SOPs & SOS, resort standards & guest expectations, including but not limited to phone etiquette, personal appearance, timing & attendance, guest interaction & verbiage.
- Strong preparation skills – including but not limited to setting up workspace for shift, following health regulations & best practices, preparing sidework stations, folding napkins, & safely & accurately maintaining daily sidework throughout service
- Creates & maintains a clean work environment, including but not limited to specific outlet & outlying areas, the dining room & guest view spaces
- Maintaining accurate menu knowledge of cocktails, liquor, beer, wine & food menus, including but not limited to allergens.
- Assist other associates during service, as needed, such as food runners & hosts
- Has the ability to operate the RMS – sevenrooms application, to assist with seating guests, if needed
- Notify management of hazardous conditions
- Obtain & maintain a RAMP certificate, adhering to the safety regulations & laws set by the state regarding alcohol management & service Excellent communication skills and relationship building with the serving staff & the guests.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks & maintain collective & genuine in high volume situations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Friendly and out-going personality.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to stand up to 8 hours at a time.
- Must be able to speak the English language fluently.
- Ability to lift at least 15lbs.
- Must be able to handle high-pressure situations.
- Customer service experience preferred; Restaurant experience a plus.
- Must be able to work a variety of shifts – including holidays, weekends, evenings, etc.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively perform multiple tasks.
- Ability to interface professionally with business contacts and customers.
- Strong understanding of hospitality industry helpful.
These skills and abilities are typically acquired through the completion of a high school diploma or equivalent, as well as through a minimum of 2 years of experience in a guest service role.
This job description cannot possibly include a complete comprehensive listing of all the activities, duties or responsibilities that may be require by the organization and/or members of management. It reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, but it does not prescribe or restrict the additional tasks that may be required.
WHY WORK FOR NEMACOLIN?
Kick-start your career at Nemacolin, a world-renowned luxury resort nestled in southwestern Pennsylvania. Nemacolin boasts an unparalleled blend of elegance and adventure, offering an array of amenities that redefine luxury. With two Forbes-rated hotels from which to choose, guests are treated to the epitome of comfort and style. A five-star, five-diamond restaurant sets the stage for exquisite dining experiences, while our on-site wildlife habitats bring animal encounters to a whole new level. The opulent spa, championship golf courses, and a range of outdoor activities, including fly fishing, skiing, and snowboarding, provide a holistic and exciting getaway.
As a part of the Nemacolin team, you'll have the chance to work in a dynamic and supportive environment where your skills and passion will flourish. We believe in fostering growth and providing our team members with opportunities to shine and advance in their careers. Join us in delivering unparalleled experiences that leave lasting memories for our cherished guests and members. Real Life Magic meets boundless opportunity at Nemacolin. Come, be a part of it!
What is in it for you? As a Nemacolin associate, you won’t just have a bright future — you’ll have a bright present! You are invited to join our warm, supportive community, where you’ll enjoy competitive wages, exciting events, a full suite of benefits, discounts, and perks, and access to amenities at our associate community Wisteria.
- Attractive 401(k) plan
- Paid vacation, holidays, and personal hours
- Family medical, dental, and vision insurance. Long-term and short-term disability insurance
- Employee and educational assistance program
- Up to 40% off Retail, Spa, Activities, Food and Beverage at the Resort
- On-site uniform and dry-cleaning services
- Discounted meals during breaks in associate break areas
Wisteria Associate Community- Wisteria is Nemacolin’s way of showing our appreciation to our associates. This neighborhood is exclusive to associates and contains a Pub, Market, and Fitness Center. As a member of Team Nemacolin, you’ll enjoy these exclusive amenities.
Associate Recognition programs- Nemacolin realizes that our associates help to set us apart from other organizations in the industry through their commitment to providing exceptional service and their ability to consistently exceed guests’ expectations.
Nemacolin promotes a culture of continuous learning for our associates. We are strongly committed to comprehensive professional development programs:
- Opportunities for advancement – At Nemacolin, we encourage our associates to grow within the organization and gain experience in a variety of departments to better understand the hospitality industry. Nemacolin prides itself on promoting from within the organization, and many of our upper-level managers began in entry-level positions and advanced into their current roles.
- Mentoring and coaching programs – As a new associate, we provide a level of mentoring that is best suited to you to enhance your growth and career interests, while sharing knowledge, advice, and encouragement along the way.
(Keywords: Restaurant, Busser, Food Runner, Server Assistant, Food Service, Customer Service, Pennsylvania, Hotel, Hospitality)