Are you a passionate chef with the desire to expand your career within an upscale restaurant? Our luxury resort is growing fast and offers various opportunities that will set you on a path to future success. As the Sous Chef, you will get the opportunity to enhance your fine dining culinary skills in addition to leading a team of professional culinarians in the absence of the Chef de Cuisine.
How you can help: If you pride yourself on attention to detail, perfecting each dish every time, then we have room for you here at Nemacolin Resort.
Establishes menu forecasts based on house counts or business forecast, previous experience, date, etc. Posts menu forecasts and prop list for all kitchen associates to view
Verifies that all portion sizes, quality standards, dept rules/policies/procedures are maintained by kitchen associates.
Supervises and assists in the production of all food items
Assists chef in placing all meat, fish, and produce orders.
Assists in scheduling of all kitchen associates.
Takes accountability for all guest complaints and makes the sure problem is taken care of. Reports problem to Chef de Cuisine.
Verifies and assists in the placing of all requisitions to the warehouse for food items, chemicals, liquors, and paper.
Completes line up with servers and restaurant manager every night prior to opening to review special veg, starch, soup, and gives an explanation of all questions asked.
Supervises kitchen preparation service of all stations
Minimum of two years in food preparation
Must be able to speak English
Must be able to speak clearly and listen attentively to kitchen associates, dining room staff, and guests.
Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process
Must be able to work flexible hours, weekends, and holidays
Why work for Nemacolin?
Located in the beautiful Laurel Highlands of Southwestern Pennsylvania, Nemacolin Resort is the area’s premier destination for launching a Five-Star, Five-Diamond career in the hospitality industry. At Nemacolin, we strive to attract, retain, and develop the best and the brightest talent in the field. Our unique amenities and strong track record of exceeding industry standards make Nemacolin an employer of choice for those looking to pursue opportunities in areas such as lodging and guest services, food and beverage, recreation, culinary arts, golf, and retail, among others. Through a variety of training initiatives and a strong commitment to career development programs, we believe that we can help our associates to develop the skills necessary to advance within our organization by offering our associates competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits plan including:
- An attractive 401(k) plan
- Paid vacation, holidays, and personal hours
- Family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Long-term & short-term disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Educational assistance
- Local and resort discounts
- On-site uniform and dry-cleaning services
- Discounted meals during breaks in the associate break areas
Nemacolin promotes a culture of continuous learning for our associates. We are strongly committed to comprehensive professional development programs:
- Opportunities for advancement – At Nemacolin Woodlands Resort, we encourage our associates to grow within the organization and gain experience in a variety of departments in order to better understand the hospitality industry. Nemacolin prides itself on promoting from within the organization, and many of our mid and upper-level managers began in entry-level positions and advanced into their current roles.
- Associate Recognition programs – Nemacolin Woodlands Resort realizes that our associates help to set us apart from other organizations in the industry through their commitment to providing exceptional service and the ability to consistently exceed guests’ expectations. Each month, associates can nominate others who have provided exceptional service, demonstrated leadership capabilities, or excelled in their areas of expertise. Winners receive an award for their efforts and are recognized by members of management.
- Mentoring and coaching programs – As a new associate, we provide a level of mentoring that is best suited to you to enhance your growth and career interests while sharing knowledge, advice, and encouragement along the way.
Awards and Accolades
Nemacolin Resort has consistently been recognized in the hospitality industry for providing superior customer service and outstanding facilities. We are very proud of what we have accomplished, and we would like to have the opportunity to share our enthusiasm with you. Some of our accomplishments include the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star rating, the AAA Five-Diamond rating, the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and a variety of other awards from Condé Nast Traveler, and Golf Digest, just to name a few.