Spa Guest Service Internship
Here at Nemacolin, our associates know to “Expect the Unexpected” – You have come across the career opportunity where entertainment and excitement are the job description. This position must be committed to making every experience memorable all while having fun and relishing the incredible atmosphere of the resort.
The Nemacolin Spa Guest Service Internship is a paid educational opportunity for Recreation Management or Hospitality Management students seeking to fulfill their school's experiential educational requirements. This internship will play a valuable role in the operations of the Spa and Wellness Department. Students are provided the opportunity for hands-on training in a Forbes and AAA-rated environment. The internship typically begins anywhere from early May through late August and consists of sixteen weeks of consecutive full-time work.
This internship includes exposure to the various areas within the Spa and Wellness Division including hands-on experience with Spa Guest Services and Spa Operations. This position will include learning all roles of Spa Guest Service, including Spa Front Desk, Spa Attendant, 3rd Floor Host, and Spa Concierge
• Responsible for greeting all guests that come to the spa and assisting them with any requests that they may have.
• Responsible for checking in appointments, booking services, and handling point-of-sale tasks.
• Responsible for assisting guests and ensuring that they arrive at their designated areas within the spa.
• Responsible for maintaining a clean and well-organized locker room, whirlpool, sauna, and steam room.
• Responsible for serving food and drinks to resort guests in a professional manner. Must maintain comprehensive menu knowledge (food and alcohol) and exhibit excellent customer service skills. Additionally, He/She must have knowledge of the procedures involved to safely and responsibly serve alcohol to resort guest and members.
• Responsible for maintaining area in spa third floor lounge.
• Responsible for opening and closing duties for the Front Desk, Locker Room, and Third Floor, as well as maintaining stock in prep areas.
• Maintain a clean and hygienic environment in all areas.
Other job duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Continuous authorization to work in the U.S. for the duration of the internship.
- Ability to communicate fluently in English.
- A minimum GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Third- or Fourth-year student in an accredited collegiate Hospitality Management program, or related field
- Commit to a consecutive sixteen-week internship, as per intern rotation.
- Ability to maintain appropriate grooming standards adhering to organizational policy.
- High school diploma.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Previous experience in food and beverage, retail, and/or the hospitality industry.
- Must have successfully completed or be willing to complete a mandatory Intervention Procedural Training Program in the handling of intoxicated guests.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time in outdoor weather
- Must be able to bend over, crouch, and kneel
- Must be able to lift 30 pounds
- Previous knowledge of mixing and preparing a variety of drinks is preferred.
This job description cannot possibly include a complete comprehensive listing of all the activities, duties, or responsibilities that may be required by the organization and/or members of management. It reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, but it does not prescribe or restrict the additional tasks that may be required.
WHY WORK FOR NEMACOLIN?
Experience the magic of Nemacolin. Reaching across 2,200 acres in the Laurel Highlands of Southwestern Pennsylvania, Nemacolin offers guests a getaway like no other. Elevated accommodations range from the thrilling grandeur of The Chateau and modern elegance of Falling Rock—both recipients of the Forbes Travel Guide 2022 Awards—to the refreshing ease of The Lodge as well as The Homes and The Estates. And that is just the beginning! Nemacolin comes to life with show-stopping dining from the Forbes Five-Star and AAA Five-Diamond Lautrec; two championship, Pete Dye-designed golf courses; award-winning spa and wellness services; Orvis-endorsed fly fishing; countless outdoor activities; and snow sports, shopping, wildlife experiences, art tours, magical seasonal events, and limitless fun for all. Adventure awaits.
At Nemacolin, we strive to attract, retain, and develop the best and the brightest talent in the field. Unique amenities and a strong track record of exceeding industry standards make Nemacolin an employer of choice for those looking to pursue opportunities in areas such as lodging and guest services, food and beverage, recreation, culinary arts, golf, and retail, among others. Through a variety of training initiatives and a strong commitment to career development programs, we believe that we can help our associates to develop the skills necessary to advance within our organization.
Nemacolin promotes a culture of continuous learning for our associates. We are strongly committed to comprehensive professional development programs:
- Opportunities for advancement – At Nemacolin, we encourage our associates to grow within the organization and gain experience in a variety of departments to better understand the hospitality industry. Nemacolin prides itself on promoting from within the organization, and many of our mid and upper-level managers began in entry-level positions and advanced into their current roles.
- Associate Recognition programs – Nemacolin realizes that our associates help to set us apart from other organizations in the industry through their commitment to providing exceptional service and ability to consistently exceed guests’ expectations. Each month, associates can nominate others who have provided exceptional service, demonstrated leadership capabilities, or excelled in their areas of expertise. Winners receive an award for their efforts and are recognized by members of management.
- Mentoring and coaching programs – As a new associate, we provide a level of mentoring that is best suited to you to enhance your growth and career interests, while sharing knowledge, advice, and encouragement along the way.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
Nemacolin has consistently been recognized in the hospitality industry for providing superior customer service and outstanding facilities. We are very proud of what we have accomplished, and we would like to have the opportunity to share our enthusiasm with you. Some of our accomplishments include the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star rating, the AAA Five-Diamond rating, the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and a variety of other awards from Condé Nast Traveler, and Golf Digest, just to name a few.
ASSOCIATE REFERRAL PROGRAM
- Year-Round Referral Incentive - Receive a reward of $250.00 when you refer a new applicant who is hired and is employed for a minimum of 90 days! Receive a second reward of $250.00 when the referred associate continues their employment for a total of 6 months and a reward of $500.00 when the referred associate achieves one year of service!
- Seasonal Referral Incentive - Receive a reward of $100.00 when you refer a seasonal applicant who is hired and is employed for a minimum of 60 days (rewards not applicable for rehires)!
ASSOCIATE DISCOUNTS AND BENEFITS
- An attractive 401(k) plan
- Paid vacation, holidays, and personal hours
- Family medical, dental and vision insurance
- Long-term & short-term disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Educational assistance
- Local and resort discounts
- On-site uniform and dry-cleaning services
- Discounted meals during breaks in the associate break areas
- Enterprise - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate car rentals through Enterprise at a discount rate.
- X-Plan Ford Pricing - As a Ford Partner, Nemacolin gives you the ability to purchase or lease eligible vehicles at Ford Motor Company’s XPlan Pricing. The discounted prices are good on new, leased, or used vehicles. Your family members in the same household are also eligible to receive discounted prices, just because you work at Nemacolin.
- Verizon Wireless - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate to receive a 17% discount
- AT&T Wireless - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate to receive a 13% discount
- Sprint Wireless - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate to receive a 15% discount
- 84 Lumber - 17 % (associate must pay to haul).