Spa Lounge Host (Seasonal)
Here at Nemacolin, our associates know to “Expect the Unexpected” … You have just come across the career opportunity where entertainment and excitement are the job description. We’re looking for individuals who are committed to making an experience memorable, all while having fun and relishing in the incredible atmosphere of our Resort.
We are seeking to fill a key position in our Spa department that serves relaxing amenities, food and drink to our resort guests in our Spa's 3rd floor relaxation lounge.
- The Host is responsible for serving and upselling and serving food and drinks to resort guests in a professional manner. Servers must maintain comprehensive menu knowledge (food and alcohol) and excellent customer service skills. Additionally servers must have knowledge of the procedures involved to safely and responsibly serve alcohol to resort guests.
- Maintain comprehensive menu knowledge and excellent customer service skills.
- Responsible for maintaining area and serving guest reservations in spa 3rd floor lounge. Greeting all guests and assisting them with any requests that they may have.
- Responsible for opening and closing duties in third floor lounge and maintaining stock in prep area.
- Maintain a clean and hygienic prep and lounge environment and follow all COVID SOP safety protocols.
- Must be able to provide guests with answers to any questions they may have concerning spa services and procedures.
- Candidate must be able to communicate well with guests in addition to associates and other members of management.
- Maintaining complete knowledge of all resort features, services, and hours of operation.
- Maintaining knowledge of all spa and salon services as well as fitness center programs and daily group activities.
- Booking spa lounge appointments and assisting guests with coordination of their spa day.
- Greeting all guests with a warm welcome and ensuring that they are satisfied with their spa experience.
- Accommodating all guest requests quickly and courteously.
- Handling complaints effectively and efficiently.
- Setting up workstations with the appropriate supplies.
- Opening and closing spa procedures.
- Cash handling duties.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Ability to communicate fluently in English.
- Ability to maintain appropriate grooming standards according to organizational policy.
- High school diploma.
- Previous experience in the retail or hospitality industry.
Why Work for Nemacolin?
Located in the beautiful Laurel Highlands of Southwestern Pennsylvania, Nemacolin is the area’s premier destination for launching a five-star, five-diamond career in the hospitality industry. At Nemacolin, we strive to attract, retain, and develop the best and the brightest talent in the field. Our unique amenities and strong track record of exceeding industry standards make Nemacolin an employer of choice for those looking to pursue opportunities in areas such as lodging and guest services, food and beverage, recreation, culinary arts, golf, and retail, among others. Through a variety of training initiatives and a strong commitment to career development programs, we believe that we can help associates to develop the skills necessary to advance within our organization by offering competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits plan including:
- An attractive 401(k) plan
- Paid vacation, holidays, and personal hours
- Family medical, dental and vision insurance
- Long-term & short-term disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Educational assistance
- Local and resort discounts
- On-site uniform and dry-cleaning services
- Discounted meals during breaks in the associate break areas
Nemacolin promotes a culture of continuous learning for our associates. We are strongly committed to comprehensive professional development programs:
- Opportunities for advancement – At Nemacolin, we encourage our associates to grow within the organization and gain experience in a variety of departments to better understand the hospitality industry. Nemacolin prides itself on promoting from within the organization, and many of our mid and upper-level managers began in entry-level positions and advanced into their current roles.
- Associate Recognition programs – Nemacolin realizes that our associates help to set us apart from other organizations in the industry through their commitment to providing exceptional service and ability to consistently exceed guests’ expectations. Each month, associates can nominate others who have provided exceptional service, demonstrated leadership capabilities, or excelled in their areas of expertise. Winners receive an award for their efforts and are recognized by members of management.
- Mentoring and coaching programs – As a new associate, we provide a level of mentoring that is best suited to you to enhance your growth and career interests, while sharing knowledge, advice, and encouragement along the way.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
Nemacolin has consistently been recognized in the hospitality industry for providing superior customer service and outstanding facilities. We are very proud of what we have accomplished, and we would like to have the opportunity to share our enthusiasm with you. Some of our accomplishments include the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star rating, the AAA Five-Diamond rating, the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and a variety of other awards from Condé Nast Traveler, and Golf Digest, just to name a few.
ASSOCIATE REFERRAL PROGRAM
$1,000 Year-Round Referral Incentive - Receive a reward of $250.00 when you refer a new applicant who is hired and is employed for a minimum of 90 days! Receive a second reward of $250.00 when the referred associate continues their employment for a total of 6 months! Receive a third award of $500.00 when an associate continues their employment for 1 year!
Seasonal Referral Incentive- Receive a reward of $100.00 when you refer a seasonal applicant who is hired and is employed for a minimum of 60 days!
*Rewards not applicable for rehires.
- Enterprise - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate car rentals through Enterprise at a discount rate.
- X-Plan Ford Pricing - As a Ford Partner, Nemacolin gives you the ability to purchase or lease eligible vehicles at Ford Motor Company’s XPlan Pricing. The discounted prices are good on new, leased, or used vehicles. Your family members in the same household are also eligible to receive discounted prices, just because you work at Nemacolin.
- Verizon Wireless - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate to receive a 17% discount
- AT&T Wireless - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate to receive a 13% discount
- Sprint Wireless - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate to receive a 15% discount
- 84 Lumber - 17 % (associate must pay to haul).
(Keywords: Pool, Lodge, Hotel, Sauna, Oasis, Summer)