Here at Nemacolin, our associates know to “Expect the Unexpected” – You have come across the career opportunity where entertainment and excitement are the job description. This position must be committed to making every experience memorable all while having fun and relishing the incredible atmosphere of the resort.
The primary responsibility of the Tailor is to offer world class Tailoring Services to our guests, VIPs, and associates.
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this job class and are not all-inclusive for this position.)
- Alter, repair, and modify high-end luxury garments, costumes and fashion items according to department policies.
- Operate all machinery in a safe and efficient manner.
- Tag and/or mark garments as needed.
- Keep accurate records of all materials needed and used to alter and repair garments.
- Possess and execute complete knowledge of wardrobe policies and procedures.
- Report garment quality and maintenance problems to the Couture Wardrobe Manager.
- Submit purchase requisitions for approval for alteration supplies.
- Report any safety hazards to the assigned supervisor.
- Other Job duties assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Proven knowledge of garment alteration and repairs including a sewing test
- 15 years experience a plus
- Submitting a portfolio for review also a plus
- Knowledge of high-end fabrics as well as advanced clothing construction
- Ability to follow through with repairs and alterations to world class standards.
- Ability to stand for an extended period of time while using hands and arms.
- Ability to work safely with moving machinery.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Learn tasks quickly.
- Detailed oriented with a high standard of quality and a personable, team player.
- Punctual with excellence in attendance and the ability to work overtime as needed.
- Candidates are required to see and differentiate colors for accuracy in inspecting the product during and after being processed.
- Able to apply common sense and strategic thinking in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work with minimal supervision or direction.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds.
- Must be able to bend, twist, and stand for an 8-hour shift.
This job description cannot possibly include a complete comprehensive listing of all the activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required by the organization and/or members of management. It reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, but it does not prescribe or restrict the additional tasks that may be required.
WHY WORK FOR NEMACOLIN?
Kick-start your career at Nemacolin, a world-renowned luxury resort nestled in southwestern Pennsylvania. Nemacolin boasts an unparalleled blend of elegance and adventure, offering an array of amenities that redefine luxury. With two Forbes-rated hotels from which to choose, guests are treated to the epitome of comfort and style. A five-star, five-diamond restaurant sets the stage for exquisite dining experiences, while our on-site wildlife habitats bring animal encounters to a whole new level. The opulent spa, championship golf courses, and a range of outdoor activities, including fly fishing, skiing, and snowboarding, provide a holistic and exciting getaway.
As a part of the Nemacolin team, you'll have the chance to work in a dynamic and supportive environment where your skills and passion will flourish. We believe in fostering growth and providing our team members with opportunities to shine and advance in their careers. Join us in delivering unparalleled experiences that leave lasting memories for our cherished guests and members. Real Life Magic meets boundless opportunity at Nemacolin. Come, be a part of it!
What is in it for you? As a Nemacolin associate, you won’t just have a bright future — you’ll have a bright present! You are invited to join our warm, supportive community, where you’ll enjoy competitive wages, exciting events, a full suite of benefits, discounts, and perks, and access to amenities at our associate community Wisteria.
- Attractive 401(k) plan
- Paid vacation, holidays, and personal hours
- Family medical, dental, and vision insurance. Long-term and short-term disability insurance
- Employee and educational assistance program
- Up to 40% off Retail, Spa, Activities, Food and Beverage at the Resort
- On-site uniform and dry-cleaning services
- Discounted meals during breaks in associate break areas
Wisteria Associate Community- Wisteria is Nemacolin’s way of showing our appreciation to our associates. This neighborhood is exclusive to associates and contains a Pub, Market, and Fitness Center. As a member of Team Nemacolin, you’ll enjoy these exclusive amenities.
Associate Recognition programs- Nemacolin realizes that our associates help to set us apart from other organizations in the industry through their commitment to providing exceptional service and their ability to consistently exceed guests’ expectations.
Nemacolin promotes a culture of continuous learning for our associates. We are strongly committed to comprehensive professional development programs:
- Opportunities for advancement – At Nemacolin, we encourage our associates to grow within the organization and gain experience in a variety of departments to better understand the hospitality industry. Nemacolin prides itself on promoting from within the organization, and many of our upper-level managers began in entry-level positions and advanced into their current roles.
- Mentoring and coaching programs – As a new associate, we provide a level of mentoring that is best suited to you to enhance your growth and career interests, while sharing knowledge, advice, and encouragement along the way.
(Keywords: Morgantown, Pennsylvania, Uniontown, Farmington, Confluence, Markleysburg, Pittsburgh, Lemont Furnace, Mount Pleasant, Washington, Greene County, Westmoreland, Fayette, Hotel, Hospitality, resort, Lodge, lodging, Assistant, personal, customer service, jobs near me)