Ticket Window Attendant
The ticket office agent is key to the Peak operations. They are the first contact guests have when arriving to our ski resort! They must have exceptional guest service skills and the ability to explain activity options to guests at the window. They will need to require a strong desire to upsell activities in a controlled manner. This associate will be the first to encounter many guest challenges and must be efficient in solving them. Working with the entire Peak crew, they will maximize revenues each day, assure everyone is getting properly checked in and check out and also communicates thoroughly with the staff.
This is a seasonal position with opportunity to become a permanent associate in another position after the ski season.
- The ticket office is the only location fees are collected for services, rentals and lessons.
- This requires the agent to be proficient in Micros and cash handling as well as guest room charges.
- Paperwork that will be completed at the end of each shift will include a HOST close, cash drop, commission report, daily sales report, tip report and evaluation of days operations.
- Associate will be responsible for answering all phone calls and be efficient in HOST with reservations.
- Associate is accountable for a daily bank, all charges and cash procedures within micros and resort policies cash handling.
- They are also responsible to deliver a high level of guest satisfaction on a daily basis.
- Strong guests service skills and understanding of resort and overall recreation operations.
- Must be able to learn cash handling procedures and the HOST system.
- Must be able to speak English.
Nemacolin requires all Associates to be vaccinated for COVID-19
Why work for Nemacolin?
Experience the magic of Nemacolin. Reaching across 2,200 acres in the Laurel Highlands of Southwestern Pennsylvania, Nemacolin offers guests a getaway like no other. Elevated accommodations range from the thrilling grandeur of The Chateau and modern elegance of Falling Rock—both recipients of the Forbes Travel Guide 2020 Awards—to the refreshing ease of The Lodge as well as The Homes and The Estates. And that is just the beginning! Nemacolin comes to life with show-stopping dining from the Forbes Five-Star and AAA Five-Diamond Lautrec; two championship, Pete Dye-designed golf courses; award-winning spa and wellness services; Orvis®-endorsed fly fishing; countless outdoor activities; and snow sports, shopping, wildlife experiences, art tours, magical seasonal events, and limitless fun for all. Adventure awaits. At Nemacolin, we strive to attract, retain, and develop the best and the brightest talent in the field. Unique amenities and a strong track record of exceeding industry standards makes Nemacolin an employer of choice for those looking to pursue opportunities in areas such as lodging and guest services, food and beverage, recreation, culinary arts, golf, and retail, among others. Through a variety of training initiatives and a strong commitment to career development programs, we believe that we can help our associates to develop the skills necessary to advance within our organization.
- An attractive 401(k) plan
- Paid vacation, holidays, and personal hours
- Family medical, dental and vision insurance
- Long-term & short-term disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Educational assistance
- Local and resort discounts
- On-site uniform and dry-cleaning services
- Discounted meals during breaks in the associate break areas
Nemacolin promotes a culture of continuous learning for our associates. We are strongly committed to comprehensive professional development programs:
- Opportunities for advancement – At Nemacolin, we encourage our associates to grow within the organization and gain experience in a variety of departments to better understand the hospitality industry. Nemacolin prides itself on promoting from within the organization, and many of our mid and upper-level managers began in entry-level positions and advanced into their current roles.
- Associate Recognition programs – Nemacolin realizes that our associates help to set us apart from other organizations in the industry through their commitment to providing exceptional service and ability to consistently exceed guests’ expectations. Each month, associates can nominate others who have provided exceptional service, demonstrated leadership capabilities, or excelled in their areas of expertise. Winners receive an award for their efforts and are recognized by members of management.
- Mentoring and coaching programs – As a new associate, we provide a level of mentoring that is best suited to you to enhance your growth and career interests, while sharing knowledge, advice, and encouragement along the way.
Awards and Accolades
Nemacolin has consistently been recognized in the hospitality industry for providing superior customer service and outstanding facilities. We are very proud of what we have accomplished, and we would like to have the opportunity to share our enthusiasm with you. Some of our accomplishments include the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star rating, the AAA Five-Diamond rating, the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and a variety of other awards from Condé Nast Traveler, and Golf Digest, just to name a few.
Associate Referral Program
- $1,000 Year-Round Referral Incentive - Receive a reward of $250.00 when you refer a new applicant who is hired and is employed for a minimum of 90 days! Receive a second reward of $250.00 when the referred associate continues their employment for a total of 6 months! Receive a third award of $500.00 when an associate continues their employment for 1 year!
- Seasonal Referral Incentive- Receive a reward of $100.00 when you refer a seasonal applicant who is hired and is employed for a minimum of 60 days!
Rewards not applicable for rehires.
- Enterprise - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate car rentals through Enterprise at the Nemacolin rate. When renting, use non-billing account number G33635. You will need to provide a credit card at that time
- X-PLAN FORD PRICING - As a Ford Partner, Nemacolin gives you the ability to purchase or lease eligible vehicles at Ford Motor Company’s XPlan Pricing. The discounted prices are good on new, leased, or used vehicles. Your family members in the same household are also eligible to receive discounted prices, just because you work at Nemacolin. Go to a Ford Dealership and say ‘I’m an X-Plan Partner’ to receive your discount. Nemacolin’ s Partner Code is
- Verizon Wireless – A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate to receive a 17% discount
- AT&T Wireless – A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate to receive a 13% discount
- Sprint Wireless – A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate to receive a 15% discount
- 84 Lumber – 17 % - associate must pay to haul.