Turfgrass Technician (Seasonal)
As a member of the Turfgrass Management team, the Turf Technician I works on a diverse range of activities involved on Turfgrass management and construction. The Turf Technician I does semi-skilled golf course construction and maintenance work, and performs related tasks as required to maintain perfect playing conditions.
- Maintains all areas of the golf course by operating a walk-behind mower or a riding mower.
- Performs daily set-up of assigned golf course.
- Installs drainage and irrigation as instructed.
- Applies the correct amount of water to turf and landscaping planting as directed by supervisor.
- Safely and properly operates light motorized vehicles and company trucks.
- Prepares areas for seed and sod, and applies seed or sod in the proper manner.
- Properly rakes bunkers either by hand or machine.
- Removes trash and debris from all areas of the property.
- Assists the supervisor in training of all new associates on safety and proper equipment operation.
- Monitors moisture on greens, tees, fairways, rough, trees, etc.
- Able to operate and apply fertilizer using a walk behind fertilizer spreader.
- Must be able to operate all equipment in the golf course and must help out wherever necessary Keeps work areas and equipment clean.
- Basic Understanding of Turfgrass Management and the Rules of Golf.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Must possess a valid driver's license. Ability to respond to common inquiries or needs members and guests.
- Familiar with fertilization techniques and proper spreader operation.
Why Work for Nemacolin?
Located in the beautiful Laurel Highlands of Southwestern Pennsylvania, Nemacolin is the area’s premier destination for launching a five-star, five-diamond career in the hospitality industry. At Nemacolin, we strive to attract, retain, and develop the best and the brightest talent in the field. Our unique amenities and strong track record of exceeding industry standards make Nemacolin an employer of choice for those looking to pursue opportunities in areas such as lodging and guest services, food and beverage, recreation, culinary arts, golf, and retail, among others. Through a variety of training initiatives and a strong commitment to career development programs, we believe that we can help associates to develop the skills necessary to advance within our organization by offering competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits plan including:
- An attractive 401(k) plan
- Paid vacation, holidays, and personal hours
- Family medical, dental and vision insurance
- Long-term & short-term disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Educational assistance
- Local and resort discounts
- On-site uniform and dry-cleaning services
- Discounted meals during breaks in the associate break areas
Nemacolin promotes a culture of continuous learning for our associates. We are strongly committed to comprehensive professional development programs:
- Opportunities for advancement – At Nemacolin, we encourage our associates to grow within the organization and gain experience in a variety of departments to better understand the hospitality industry. Nemacolin prides itself on promoting from within the organization, and many of our mid and upper-level managers began in entry-level positions and advanced into their current roles.
- Associate Recognition programs – Nemacolin realizes that our associates help to set us apart from other organizations in the industry through their commitment to providing exceptional service and ability to consistently exceed guests’ expectations. Each month, associates can nominate others who have provided exceptional service, demonstrated leadership capabilities, or excelled in their areas of expertise. Winners receive an award for their efforts and are recognized by members of management.
- Mentoring and coaching programs – As a new associate, we provide a level of mentoring that is best suited to you to enhance your growth and career interests, while sharing knowledge, advice, and encouragement along the way.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
Nemacolin has consistently been recognized in the hospitality industry for providing superior customer service and outstanding facilities. We are very proud of what we have accomplished, and we would like to have the opportunity to share our enthusiasm with you. Some of our accomplishments include the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star rating, the AAA Five-Diamond rating, the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and a variety of other awards from Condé Nast Traveler, and Golf Digest, just to name a few.
ASSOCIATE REFERRAL PROGRAM
$1,000 Year-Round Referral Incentive - Receive a reward of $250.00 when you refer a new applicant who is hired and is employed for a minimum of 90 days! Receive a second reward of $250.00 when the referred associate continues their employment for a total of 6 months! Receive a third award of $500.00 when an associate continues their employment for 1 year!
Seasonal Referral Incentive- Receive a reward of $100.00 when you refer a seasonal applicant who is hired and is employed for a minimum of 60 days!
*Rewards not applicable for rehires.
- Enterprise - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate car rentals through Enterprise at a discount rate.
- X-Plan Ford Pricing - As a Ford Partner, Nemacolin gives you the ability to purchase or lease eligible vehicles at Ford Motor Company’s XPlan Pricing. The discounted prices are good on new, leased, or used vehicles. Your family members in the same household are also eligible to receive discounted prices, just because you work at Nemacolin.
- Verizon Wireless - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate to receive a 17% discount
- AT&T Wireless - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate to receive a 13% discount
- Sprint Wireless - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate to receive a 15% discount
- 84 Lumber - 17 % (associate must pay to haul).
(Keywords: Outdoors, Outside, Turf, Engineering, Golf, Pennsylvania, Hotel, Hospitality)