Uniform Room Supervisor
As Wardrobe Supervisor, you will be responsible for developing an environment that creates excitement for internal and external guests. In this position, you will also be responsible for creating “Real Life Magic” - as seen by our guests – as well as behind the scenes for our associates. The Wardrobe Supervisor also has the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations - utilizing strong written and verbal communication skills while balancing multiple competing priorities.
Here at Nemacolin Resort, our associates know to “Expect the Unexpected” – You have come across the career opportunity where entertainment and excitement are the job description. This position must be committed to making every experience memorable all while having fun and relishing the incredible atmosphere of the resort.
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this job class and are not all-inclusive for this position.)
- Deliver internal and external guest service to the Nemacolin Way. Goes above and beyond whether for an associate or guest.
- Coordinate daily activities to ensure high productivity and quality standards are maintained.
- Responsible for tracking inventory of new and prior associates as well as obtaining uniforms from termed associates.
- Maintains monthly inventory, purchase of uniforms, and reports pertaining to these agenda items.
- Ability to work closely with both guests and associates to ensure proper fit of all garments, marketing, and pressing of garments. This includes performing alterations if necessary in the guest room.
- Maintains, coordinates, and oversees weekly work schedules, payroll reports, and daily reports.
- Conducts discussions with vendors to maintain and obtain the best equipment, pricing for uniforms, etc.
- Controls uniform inventory by ensuring that uniforms are ordered in a timely manner.
- Ensures quality of uniforms is maintained and assist in selection process of uniform style changes.
- Work with leaders across the resort to ensure par uniform levels are maintained.
- Complete purchase orders as needed to maintain par levels.
- Proficient in making, sewing, and performing alterations of garments as needed to ensure proper fit.
- Accountable for performing work duties accurately in accordance with Nemacolin standards.
- Responsible for accurate measurements of all customers, sewing specialty items that include hemming, mending, repairing, and reconstruction of garments as needed in a precise manner.
- Responsible for overseeing the training of new associates as well as supporting all shifts in filling call-off needs.
- Assure daily checkpoint standards are met, as well as develop the program into a high-level Forbes Standard program.
- Reports any safety hazards to the assigned leader.
- Other job duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of wardrobe operations.
- Understanding of computerized systems.
- Excellent customer/guest service skills.
- Ability to perform effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively perform multiple tasks.
- Excellent writing/report writing skills – ability to prepare and understand all necessary reports.
- Ability to interface professionally with business contacts and customers.
- Strong understanding of hospitality industry helpful but not required.
- Flexible schedule – including weekends and holidays.
- Able to work at least 40 hours per week.
- Ability to speak the English language fluently.
These skills and abilities are typically acquired through at least 2-years of on-the-job training or related experience.
This job description cannot possibly include a complete comprehensive listing of all the activities, duties or responsibilities that may be require by the organization and/or members of management. It reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, but it does not prescribe or restrict the additional tasks that may be required.
WHY WORK FOR NEMACOLIN?
Experience the magic of Nemacolin. Reaching across 2,200 acres in the Laurel Highlands of Southwestern Pennsylvania, Nemacolin offers guests a getaway like no other. Elevated accommodations range from the thrilling grandeur of The Chateau and modern elegance of Falling Rock—both recipients of the Forbes Travel Guide 2022 Awards—to the refreshing ease of The Lodge as well as The Homes and The Estates. And that is just the beginning! Nemacolin comes to life with show-stopping dining from the Forbes Five-Star and AAA Five-Diamond Lautrec; two championship, Pete Dye-designed golf courses; award-winning spa and wellness services; Orvis-endorsed fly fishing; countless outdoor activities; and snow sports, shopping, wildlife experiences, art tours, magical seasonal events, and limitless fun for all. Adventure awaits.
At Nemacolin, we strive to attract, retain, and develop the best and the brightest talent in the field. Unique amenities and a strong track record of exceeding industry standards make Nemacolin an employer of choice for those looking to pursue opportunities in areas such as lodging and guest services, food and beverage, recreation, culinary arts, golf, and retail, among others. Through a variety of training initiatives and a strong commitment to career development programs, we believe that we can help our associates to develop the skills necessary to advance within our organization.
Nemacolin promotes a culture of continuous learning for our associates. We are strongly committed to comprehensive professional development programs:
- Opportunities for advancement – At Nemacolin, we encourage our associates to grow within the organization and gain experience in a variety of departments to better understand the hospitality industry. Nemacolin prides itself on promoting from within the organization, and many of our mid and upper-level managers began in entry-level positions and advanced into their current roles.
- Associate Recognition programs – Nemacolin realizes that our associates help to set us apart from other organizations in the industry through their commitment to providing exceptional service and ability to consistently exceed guests’ expectations. Each month, associates can nominate others who have provided exceptional service, demonstrated leadership capabilities, or excelled in their areas of expertise. Winners receive an award for their efforts and are recognized by members of management.
- Mentoring and coaching programs – As a new associate, we provide a level of mentoring that is best suited to you to enhance your growth and career interests, while sharing knowledge, advice, and encouragement along the way.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
Nemacolin has consistently been recognized in the hospitality industry for providing superior customer service and outstanding facilities. We are very proud of what we have accomplished, and we would like to have the opportunity to share our enthusiasm with you. Some of our accomplishments include the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star rating, the AAA Five-Diamond rating, the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and a variety of other awards from Condé Nast Traveler, and Golf Digest, just to name a few.
ASSOCIATE REFERRAL PROGRAM
- Year-Round Referral Incentive - Receive a reward of $250.00 when you refer a new applicant who is hired and is employed for a minimum of 90 days! Receive a second reward of $250.00 when the referred associate continues their employment for a total of 6 months and a reward of $500.00 when the referred associate achieves one year of service!
- Seasonal Referral Incentive - Receive a reward of $100.00 when you refer a seasonal applicant who is hired and is employed for a minimum of 60 days (rewards not applicable for rehires)!
ASSOCIATE DISCOUNTS AND BENEFITS
- An attractive 401(k) plan
- Paid vacation, holidays, and personal hours
- Family medical, dental and vision insurance
- Long-term & short-term disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Educational assistance
- Local and resort discounts
- On-site uniform and dry-cleaning services
- Discounted meals during breaks in the associate break areas
- Enterprise - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate car rentals through Enterprise at a discount rate.
- X-Plan Ford Pricing - As a Ford Partner, Nemacolin gives you the ability to purchase or lease eligible vehicles at Ford Motor Company’s XPlan Pricing. The discounted prices are good on new, leased, or used vehicles. Your family members in the same household are also eligible to receive discounted prices, just because you work at Nemacolin.
- Verizon Wireless - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate to receive a 17% discount
- AT&T Wireless - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate to receive a 13% discount
- Sprint Wireless - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate to receive a 15% discount
- 84 Lumber - 17 % (associate must pay to haul).
(Keywords: Morgantown, Pennsylvania, Uniontown, Farmington, Confluence, Markleysburg, Pittsburgh, Lemont Furnace, Mount Pleasant, Washington, Greene County, Westmoreland, Fayette, Hotel, Hospitality, resort, Lodge, lodging, Assistant, personal, customer service, Adah, Jobs near me, sewing, machine, embroidery, specialist, Jobs near me)