We are seeking to fill a key position in our Guest Services department that will help oversee all personal needs of our guests. The Valet will be responsible for greeting guests upon their arrival and providing customer service by parking and retrieving their vehicle. Additionally, the valet will be responsible for keeping the parking areas clean and safe.
Our Valet associates can expect to make on average $15-$20/hr including gratuities!
The rate of pay listed on this role is a combination of our base rate plus tips/gratuities. Like many roles in Hospitality across the country, actual hourly rate depends on business volume.
- Greet and welcome guest to the establishment and offer professional valet services.
- Accommodate guests by opening doors and assisting with luggage or other heavy items.
- Direct traffic in the parking area as needed and assist guests in entering and leaving the parking lot.
- Answer guests' questions regarding local attractions, hotel amenities and other available services.
- Collect and accurately label keys belonging to guests to ensure their proper return.
- Park guests' vehicles in predetermined areas within the parking lot, following all traffic laws.
- Operate vehicles safely and responsibility.
- Organize and file paperwork regarding guests' vehicles and daily transactions.
- The candidate must possess strong interpersonal relationship skills and strong reading and writing skills.
- A high school diploma is necessary.
- The ability to use the computer, including Microsoft Office products, PMS system, spa booking system, and CRM system is a must.
- Prior knowledge of the systems in use is not necessary, but definitely a plus.
- Must be able to speak English.
- Candidates must be willing to work varied hours, including nights, weekends, holidays, and split shifts (according to the needs of the guests).
- Must have a valid driver's license and clean driving record.
*Nemacolin requires all Associates to be vaccinated against COVID-19*
Why work for Nemacolin?
Experience the magic of Nemacolin. Reaching across 2,200 acres in the Laurel Highlands of Southwestern Pennsylvania, Nemacolin offers guests a getaway like no other. Elevated accommodations range from the thrilling grandeur of The Chateau and modern elegance of Falling Rock—both recipients of the Forbes Travel Guide 2020 Awards—to the refreshing ease of The Lodge as well as The Homes and The Estates. And that is just the beginning! Nemacolin comes to life with show-stopping dining from the Forbes Five-Star and AAA Five-Diamond Lautrec; two championship, Pete Dye-designed golf courses; award-winning spa and wellness services; Orvis®-endorsed fly fishing; countless outdoor activities; and snow sports, shopping, wildlife experiences, art tours, magical seasonal events, and limitless fun for all. Adventure awaits. At Nemacolin, we strive to attract, retain, and develop the best and the brightest talent in the field. Unique amenities and a strong track record of exceeding industry standards make Nemacolin an employer of choice for those looking to pursue opportunities in areas such as lodging and guest services, food and beverage, recreation, culinary arts, golf, and retail, among others. Through a variety of training initiatives and a strong commitment to career development programs, we believe that we can help our associates to develop the skills necessary to advance within our organization.
- An attractive 401(k) plan
- Paid vacation, holidays, and personal hours
- Family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Long-term & short-term disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Educational assistance
- Local and resort discounts
- On-site uniform and dry-cleaning services
- Discounted meals during breaks in the associate break areas
Nemacolin promotes a culture of continuous learning for our associates. We are strongly committed to comprehensive professional development programs:
- Opportunities for advancement – At Nemacolin Woodlands Resort, we encourage our associates to grow within the organization and gain experience in a variety of departments to better understand the hospitality industry. Nemacolin prides itself on promoting from within the organization, and many of our mid and upper-level managers began in entry-level positions and advanced into their current roles.
- Associate Recognition programs – Nemacolin Woodlands Resort realizes that our associates help to set us apart from other organizations in the industry through their commitment to providing exceptional service and the ability to consistently exceed guests’ expectations. Each month, associates can nominate others who have provided exceptional service, demonstrated leadership capabilities, or excelled in their areas of expertise. Winners receive an award for their efforts and are recognized by members of management.
- Mentoring and coaching programs – As a new associate, we provide a level of mentoring that is best suited to you to enhance your growth and career interests while sharing knowledge, advice, and encouragement along the way.
Awards and Accolades
Nemacolin Woodlands Resort has consistently been recognized in the hospitality industry for providing superior customer service and outstanding facilities. We are very proud of what we have accomplished, and we would like to have the opportunity to share our enthusiasm with you. Some of our accomplishments include the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star rating, the AAA Five-Diamond rating, the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and a variety of other awards from Condé Nast Traveler, and Golf Digest, just to name a few.
Associate Referral Program
- Year-Round Referral Incentive - Receive a reward of $250.00 when you refer a new applicant who is hired and is employed for a minimum of 90 days! Receive a second reward of $250.00 when the referred associate continues their employment for a total of 6 months! Receive a third award of $500.00 when an associate continues their employment for 1 year (rewards not applicable for rehires)!
- Seasonal Referral Incentive- Receive a reward of $100.00 when you refer a seasonal applicant who is hired and is employed for a minimum of 60 days!
- Enterprise - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate car rentals through Enterprise at a discount rate.
- X-Plan Ford Pricing - As a Ford Partner, Nemacolin gives you the ability to purchase or lease eligible vehicles at Ford Motor Company’s XPlan Pricing. The discounted prices are good on new, leased, or used vehicles. Your family members in the same household are also eligible to receive discounted prices, just because you work at Nemacolin.
- Verizon Wireless - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate to receive a 17% discount.
- Sprint Wireless - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate to receive a 15% discount.
- 84 Lumber - 17 % (associate must pay to haul).
(Keywords: Drive, Safety, Navigate)