- Successfully and safely restrain patients with the use of PPE when necessary.
- Monitor patients under anesthesia
- Assist in office duties, including cleaning and organization
- Track and organize medical records
- Follow OSHA and AVMA standards.
- Deliver compassionate nursing care
- Provide accurate and current client education
- Draw vaccinations for pets
- Prepare surgery packs and other needs for daily veterinary care
- Client communication regarding incoming patient/triage
- Direct client to the exam room and confirm the past patient history
- Keeping up to date on veterinary standards and protocol
- Competence in the English language
- Computer skills
- 0-4 years of related work experience
- Ability to be confident around clients and their pets
- Ability to stand for an entire shift; walk, stoop, kneel, crouch for extended periods; and climb and manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds.
- The associate is routinely exposed to a variety of pets that may bite or scratch and, on occasion, exposed to anesthesia, radiation, biological hazards, and medication/controlled substances.
(Keywords: Vet, Tech, Pets, Dogs, Animal, Caring, Pennsylvania, Fayette, Uniontown, Medicine, Receptionist, Cheat Lake, Morgantown, Apprentice, Markleysburg)