Veterinary Chief of Staff
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Deliver the highest level of veterinary care to every pet in a professional and ethical manner, while ensuring that the client and their pet have an exceptional experience.
- Live and exemplify the guiding principles of Nemacolin Resort Inc. within self and team.
- Establish trust and gain the confidence and compliance of clients through effectively delivering appropriate preventive care, performing complete diagnostic workups, developing thorough treatment plans, communicating home care instructions, and planning follow‐up visits.
- Perform regular hospital inspections and quality audits to ensure hospital compliance with industry, regulatory and Nemacolin quality standards while building associate veterinarian technician and staff engagement.
- Develop associates and coach new hires to deliver and exceptional on-boarding and mentorship experience.
- Deliver on veterinary quality KPIs to support the hospital, market, and practice revenue goals.
- Perform clinical skill and leadership competency development of veterinary team to delivery high quality medical care and outstanding client service.
- Advocate for preventive care and adoption of wellness plans.
- Assimilate information gathered through effective history taking, physical examination and diagnostic workup to arrive at an appropriate and effective clinical decision.
- Lead the veterinary hospital team through the daily schedule and caseload, delegating tasks to paraprofessionals and improving hospital efficiency.
- Practice veterinary medicine in a manner compliant with the State Veterinary Practice Act, Federal and/or State Controlled Substance laws, along with appropriate medical record documentation.
- Address and resolve client concerns arising from the medical care of a pet.
- Work well with hospital team, enjoying being a member of the larger veterinary community/profession
- Develop strong lasting relationships with clients.
- Partner with hospital leadership and office manager to design a career development plan which may include medical, surgical, communication and leadership skills.
- Strive to achieve performance metrics outlined by supervising team.
- Demonstrate integrity and ethics in all actions and behaviors.
- Practice evidence‐based medicine and preventive care when data or guidelines exist, using sound judgment when they do not.
- Perform all basic surgeries with appropriate anesthesia, monitoring and pain management.
- Educate clients and hospital associates to improve their level of knowledge about veterinary care and husbandry.
- Actively participate in local, state, and national veterinary organizations to cultivate relationships within the veterinary profession (i.e.; regulatory boards, vendors, associations, and referral hospitals) to promote Woodland Animal Care Center’s brand reputation.
- Ensure hospital operations meet all local, state, and federal regulatory requirements including but not limited to compliance with controlled substance management and radiation safety.
- Charge for services rendered and products/prescriptions dispensed.
- Constantly strive to enhance medical quality, hospital efficiency and hospital profitability.
- Mentor veterinary student externs.
- Other job duties as assigned
Performs related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM or VDM)
- Licenses: State Veterinary Board and DEA registration required prior to start date
- Competence in the English language
- 10+ years of related veterinary experience