Here at Nemacolin, our associates know to “Expect the Unexpected” … You have just come across the career opportunity where entertainment and excitement ARE the job description. We’re looking for individuals who are committed to making an experience memorable, all while having fun and relishing in the incredible atmosphere of our Resort.
The Wildlife Coordinator is responsible for guiding safari tours, animal expeditions, trail rides, and animal shows for Nemacolin guests and communicating accurate knowledge regarding the animals on property. In addition, this individual performs the daily care of a variety of animals including large and small exotic animals, domestic livestock, small pets, trail horses, and the sled dog team. The Wildlife Coordinators work in facility maintenance, diet prep, training, and enriching all the animals on the resort property. The Wildlife Coordinator guides trails and pony rides, performs barn maintenance duties, and assists with various grooming and feeding responsibilities. He or she is also required to administer basic medical treatment and update animal records in an accurate and timely manner.
- Scheduling pony/trail rides and tours for guests as needed.
- Operating the expedition carts, utility vehicles, and safari van
- Communicating with Nemacolin guests in a professional manner.
- Assisting guests with the horse mounting and dismounting process.
- Performing barn maintenance duties such as clipping and bathing the animals.
- Administering medical treatment as needed.
- Maintaining accurate and updated animal records.
- Organizing and maintaining the equestrian facilities.
- Assisting with morning and evening feedings for the animals on property.
- Providing care for a variety of animals including, but not limited to, the following: lions, tigers, black bears, Asian bears, wolves, buffalo, binturongs, foxes, American badgers, sheep, African Sulcata tortoises, sloths, ball pythons, and kinkajous.
- Cleaning animal enclosures and facilities on a regular basis.
- Preparing specialized animal diets with the assistance of the Wildlife Manager.
- Providing information to resort guests as well as other visitors in order to increase awareness of animal habitat and environmental concerns.
- Performing any additional duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- High school diploma required.
- Degree in Wildlife, Biology, Animal Science, or a related field preferred.
- Ability to work varying hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Previous animal care experience is preferred.
- Must have the ability to speak English fluently.
- Ability to lift 50lbs and work outside in all types of weather daily required
Our guests first impression is vital to a lasting one! If you have the charisma and energy that everyone talks about, we have the career for you!
WHY WORK FOR NEMACOLIN?
Experience the magic of Nemacolin. Reaching across 2,200 acres in the Laurel Highlands of Southwestern Pennsylvania, Nemacolin offers guests a getaway like no other. Elevated accommodations range from the thrilling grandeur of The Chateau and modern elegance of Falling Rock—both recipients of the Forbes Travel Guide 2022 Awards—to the refreshing ease of The Lodge as well as The Homes and The Estates. And that is just the beginning! Nemacolin comes to life with show-stopping dining from the Forbes Five-Star and AAA Five-Diamond Lautrec; two championship, Pete Dye-designed golf courses; award-winning spa and wellness services; Orvis®-endorsed fly fishing; countless outdoor activities; and snow sports, shopping, wildlife experiences, art tours, magical seasonal events, and limitless fun for all. Adventure awaits. At Nemacolin, we strive to attract, retain, and develop the best and the brightest talent in the field. Unique amenities and a strong track record of exceeding industry standards makes Nemacolin an employer of choice for those looking to pursue opportunities in areas such as lodging and guest services, food and beverage, recreation, culinary arts, golf, and retail, among others. Through a variety of training initiatives and a strong commitment to career development programs, we believe that we can help our associates to develop the skills necessary to advance within our organization.
- An attractive 401(k) plan
- Paid vacation, holidays, and personal hours
- Family medical, dental and vision insurance
- Long-term & short-term disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Educational assistance
- Local and resort discounts
- On-site uniform and dry-cleaning services
- Discounted meals during breaks in the associate break areas
Nemacolin promotes a culture of continuous learning for our associates. We are strongly committed to comprehensive professional development programs:
- Opportunities for advancement – At Nemacolin, we encourage our associates to grow within the organization and gain experience in a variety of departments to better understand the hospitality industry. Nemacolin prides itself on promoting from within the organization, and many of our mid and upper-level managers began in entry-level positions and advanced into their current roles.
- Associate Recognition programs – Nemacolin realizes that our associates help to set us apart from other organizations in the industry through their commitment to providing exceptional service and ability to consistently exceed guests’ expectations. Each month, associates can nominate others who have provided exceptional service, demonstrated leadership capabilities, or excelled in their areas of expertise. Winners receive an award for their efforts and are recognized by members of management.
- Mentoring and coaching programs – As a new associate, we provide a level of mentoring that is best suited to you to enhance your growth and career interests, while sharing knowledge, advice, and encouragement along the way.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
Nemacolin has consistently been recognized in the hospitality industry for providing superior customer service and outstanding facilities. We are very proud of what we have accomplished, and we would like to have the opportunity to share our enthusiasm with you. Some of our accomplishments include the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star rating, the AAA Five-Diamond rating, the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and a variety of other awards from Condé Nast Traveler, and Golf Digest, just to name a few.
ASSOCIATE REFERRAL PROGRAM
- Year-Round Referral Incentive - Receive a reward of $250.00 when you refer a new applicant who is hired and is employed for a minimum of 90 days! Receive a second reward of $250.00 when the referred associate continues their employment for a total of 6 months! Receive a third award of $500.00 when an associate continues their employment for 1 year (rewards not applicable for rehires)!
- Seasonal Referral Incentive - Receive a reward of $100.00 when you refer a seasonal applicant who is hired and is employed for a minimum of 60 days (rewards not applicable for rehires)!
- Enterprise - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate car rentals through Enterprise at a discount rate.
- X-Plan Ford Pricing - As a Ford Partner, Nemacolin gives you the ability to purchase or lease eligible vehicles at Ford Motor Company’s XPlan Pricing. The discounted prices are good on new, leased, or used vehicles. Your family members in the same household are also eligible to receive discounted prices, just because you work at Nemacolin.
- Verizon Wireless - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate to receive a 17% discount.
- Sprint Wireless - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate to receive a 15% discount.
- 84 Lumber - 17 % (associate must pay to haul).
(Keywords: Wildlife, Tours, Outdoors, Customer Service, Pennsylvania, Hotel, Hospitality)