Wildlife Operations Internship
The Nemacolin Wildlife Internship is a paid educational opportunity for students seeking to fulfill their school’s experiential educational requirements. This Internship will play a valuable role in the operations of the Wildlife Operations. Students are provided the opportunity for hands-on training in a Forbes and AAA-rated environment. The internship typically begins anywhere from early May through late August and consists of 16 weeks of consecutive full-time work.
The Wildlife Intern is responsible for guiding safari tours, Wildlife Expeditions, and animal shows for Nemacolin guests and communicating accurate knowledge regarding the animals on property. In addition, this individual assists with the care of a variety of animals including large and small exotic animals, domestic livestock, small pets, trail horses, and the sled dog team. The Wildlife Intern assists Wildlife Coordinators in facility maintenance, diet prep, training, and enriching all the animals on the resort property. The Wildlife Intern may also guide trails and pony rides. He or she is also required to administer basic medical treatment and update animal records in an accurate and timely manner.
- Scheduling wildlife tours and trail rides for guests as needed.
- Operating the expedition carts, safari van, club car carry-alls, and work truck
- Communicating with Nemacolin guests in a professional manner.
- Assisting guests with the horse mounting and dismounting process.
- Performing barn maintenance duties such as clipping and bathing the animals.
- Administering medical treatment as needed.
- Maintaining accurate and updated animal records.
- Organizing and maintaining all animal facilities.
- Assisting with morning and evening feedings for the animals on property.
- Providing care for a variety of animals including, but not limited to, the following: lions, tigers, black bears, Asian bears, wolves, bison, foxes, American badger, sheep, African Sulcata tortoises, sloths, boa, and kinkajou.
- Cleaning animal enclosures and facilities on a regular basis.
- Preparing specialized animal diets with the assistance of the Animal Program Manager.
- Providing information to resort guests, as well as other visitors in order to increase awareness of animal habitat and environmental concerns.
- Performing any additional duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- High school diploma required.
- Ability to work varying hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Previous animal care experience is preferred.
- Must be enrolled in or a recent graduate of a Bachelor’s degree program in Wildlife, Animal Science, or other related disciplines
- Must have the ability to speak English fluently.
WHY INTERN FOR NEMACOLIN?
Kickstart your career at Nemacolin, a world-renowned luxury resort nestled in Southwestern Pennsylvania.
Nemacolin boasts an unparalleled blend of elegance and adventure, offering an array of amenities that redefine luxury. With three Forbes-rated hotels to choose from, guests are treated to the epitome of comfort and style. Our five-star, five-diamond restaurant sets the stage for exquisite dining experiences, while our on-site zoo brings wildlife encounters to a whole new level. The opulent spa, championship golf courses, and a range of outdoor activities, including fly fishing, skiing, and snowboarding, provide a holistic and exciting getaway.
As a part of Team Nemacolin, you'll have the chance to work in a dynamic and supportive environment where your skills and passion will flourish. We believe in fostering growth and providing our team members with opportunities to shine and advance in their careers.
Join us in delivering unparalleled experiences that leave lasting memories for our cherished guests. Real Life Magic meets boundless opportunity at Nemacolin. Come, be a part of it!
ASSOCIATE DISCOUNTS AND BENEFITS
• An attractive 401(k) plan
• Paid vacation, holidays, and personal hours
• Family medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Long-term & short-term disability insurance
• Employee assistance program
• Access to associate-only community rec center, pub, and market.
• Educational assistance
• Local and resort discounts
• On-site uniform and dry-cleaning services
• Discounted meals during breaks in the associate break areas
Nemacolin promotes a culture of continuous learning for our associates. We are strongly committed to comprehensive professional development programs:
- Opportunities for advancement – At Nemacolin, we encourage our associates to grow within the organization and gain experience in a variety of departments to better understand the hospitality industry. Nemacolin prides itself on promoting from within the organization, and many of our mid and upper-level managers began in entry-level positions and advanced into their current roles.
- Associate recognition programs – Nemacolin realizes that our associates help to set us apart from other organizations in the industry through their commitment to providing exceptional service and ability to consistently exceed guests’ expectations. Each month, associates can nominate others who have provided exceptional service, demonstrated leadership capabilities, or excelled in their areas of expertise. Winners receive an award for their efforts and are recognized by members of management.
- Mentoring and coaching programs – As a new associate, we provide a level of mentoring that is best suited to you to enhance your growth and career interests, while sharing knowledge, advice, and encouragement along the way.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
Nemacolin has consistently been recognized in the hospitality industry for providing superior customer service and outstanding facilities. We are very proud of what we have accomplished, and we would like to have the opportunity to share our enthusiasm with you. Some of our accomplishments include the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star rating, the AAA Five-Diamond rating, the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and a variety of other awards from Condé Nast Traveler, and Golf Digest, just to name a few.
ASSOCIATE REFERRAL PROGRAM
$1,000 Year-Round Referral Incentive - Receive a reward of $250.00 when you refer a new applicant who is hired and is employed for a minimum of 90 days! Receive a second reward of $250.00 when the referred associate continues their employment for a total of 6 months! Receive a third award of $500.00 when an associate continues their employment for 1 year!
Seasonal Referral Incentive- Receive a reward of $100.00 when you refer a seasonal applicant who is hired and is employed for a minimum of 60 days!
(Keywords: Wildlife, Internship, Outdoors, Customer Service, Pennsylvania, Hotel, Hospitality, Animal Science)