Wildlife Tech. Apprentice
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this job class and are not all-inclusive for this position.)
- Provide a variety of general, mechanic, and preventative maintenance duties as well as inspections, servicing, repair, and overhaul of equipment for the Wildlife Department.
- Works independently, coordinating daily workflow in maintaining assigned building projects.
- Prioritizes repair requests and plans work to ensure necessary parts are available and tasks are completed quickly and efficiently.
- Maintaining working order of all wildlife facilities and infrastructure.
- Completing general repairs to fencelines, HVAC systems, plumbing, vehicles, and facilities.
- Managing pasture and enclosure landscaping
- Safely and efficiently operating various vehicles, including club cars, tractors, and department trucks.
- Possessing a general knowledge of operating a variety of manual and power tools
- Collaborating with the rest of the Wildlife associates on enclosure and enrichment designs and improvements - bringing the visions to life
- Completing other various maintenance tasks as assigned by management
- Perform routine preventive maintenance to ensure that machines continue to run smoothly, building systems operate efficiently, and the physical condition of buildings does not deteriorate
- Repair or replace defective equipment parts using hand tools and power tools and reassemble equipment.
- Diagnose mechanical problems and determine how to correct them, checking blueprints, repair manuals, and parts catalogs as necessary.
- Dismantle devices to gain access to and remove defective parts using hoists, cranes, hand tools, and power tools.
- Respond immediately to fire alarm systems; disengage electrical, water, or gas systems to protect building occupants and property.
- Other job duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- High school diploma required.
- Ability to work varying hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Previous maintenance experience is preferred.
- Must have the ability to speak English fluently.
These skills and abilities are typically acquired through the completion of a high school diploma or equivalent, as well as through recreational experience.
This job description cannot possibly include a complete comprehensive listing of all the activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required by the organization and/or members of management. It reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, but it does not prescribe or restrict the additional tasks that may be required.
Why Work for Nemacolin?
Located in the beautiful Laurel Highlands of Southwestern Pennsylvania, Nemacolin is the area’s premier destination for launching a five-star, five-diamond career in the hospitality industry. At Nemacolin, we strive to attract, retain, and develop the best and the brightest talent in the field. Our unique amenities and strong track record of exceeding industry standards make Nemacolin an employer of choice for those looking to pursue opportunities in areas such as lodging and guest services, food and beverage, recreation, culinary arts, golf, and retail, among others. Through a variety of training initiatives and a strong commitment to career development programs, we believe that we can help associates to develop the skills necessary to advance within our organization by offering competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits plan including:
- An attractive 401(k) plan
- Paid vacation, holidays, and personal hours
- Family medical, dental and vision insurance
- Long-term & short-term disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Educational assistance
- Local and resort discounts
- On-site uniform and dry-cleaning services
- Discounted meals during breaks in the associate break areas
Nemacolin promotes a culture of continuous learning for our associates. We are strongly committed to comprehensive professional development programs:
- Opportunities for advancement – At Nemacolin, we encourage our associates to grow within the organization and gain experience in a variety of departments to better understand the hospitality industry. Nemacolin prides itself on promoting from within the organization, and many of our mid and upper-level managers began in entry-level positions and advanced into their current roles.
- Associate Recognition Programs – Nemacolin realizes that our associates help to set us apart from other organizations in the industry through their commitment to providing exceptional service and ability to consistently exceed guests’ expectations. Each month, associates can nominate others who have provided exceptional service, demonstrated leadership capabilities, or excelled in their areas of expertise. Winners receive an award for their efforts and are recognized by members of management.
- Mentoring and coaching programs – As a new associate, we provide a level of mentoring that is best suited to you to enhance your growth and career interests, while sharing knowledge, advice, and encouragement along the way.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
Nemacolin has consistently been recognized in the hospitality industry for providing superior customer service and outstanding facilities. We are very proud of what we have accomplished, and we would like to have the opportunity to share our enthusiasm with you. Some of our accomplishments include the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star rating, the AAA Five-Diamond rating, the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and a variety of other awards from Condé Nast Traveler, and Golf Digest, just to name a few.
ASSOCIATE REFERRAL PROGRAM
$1,000 Year-Round Referral Incentive - Receive a reward of $250.00 when you refer a new applicant who is hired and is employed for a minimum of 90 days! Receive a second reward of $250.00 when the referred associate continues their employment for a total of 6 months! Receive a third award of $500.00 when an associate continues their employment for 1 year!
Seasonal Referral Incentive- Receive a reward of $100.00 when you refer a seasonal applicant who is hired and is employed for a minimum of 60 days!
*Rewards not applicable for rehires.
- Enterprise - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate car rentals through Enterprise at a discount rate.
- X-Plan Ford Pricing - As a Ford Partner, Nemacolin gives you the ability to purchase or lease eligible vehicles at Ford Motor Company’s XPlan Pricing. The discounted prices are good on new, leased, or used vehicles. Your family members in the same household are also eligible to receive discounted prices, just because you work at Nemacolin.
- Verizon Wireless - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate to receive a 17% discount
- AT&T Wireless - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate to receive a 13% discount
- Sprint Wireless - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate to receive a 15% discount
- 84 Lumber - 17 % (associate must pay to haul).