Advertising Sales Representative
If you have a winning attitude and are highly motivated, The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette has an exciting sales position selling integrated, multi-media advertising plans. This position is responsible for generating revenue through the sale of all our print and digital advertising products. This includes PG NewsSlide, post-gazette.com, the Post-Gazette, and additional digital marketing solutions like paid search, paid social, targeted display, and email marketing.
The successful candidate will enhance relationships with current accounts and target potential advertisers to acquire new accounts. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected to develop advertising programs that address client needs and grow revenue. Well-developed organization and planning skills will ensure your success in servicing the account including managing the order, complying with Company deadlines for ad copy, handling the credit and billing processes, and preparing layout and artwork specifications for advertisements. This is a collaborative team based position that requires a solid knowledge of competing media, marketing and industry practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or communications or commensurate work experience
- 1 year of media experience, preferably digital marketing is required
- Prior experience with digital and print advertising sales experience preferred
- An understanding and passion for digital marketing including paid search, paid social, streaming radio, CTV, email marketing and YELP
- Experience in consultative selling process, including pre-call discovery and setting appointments, completing a comprehensive needs analysis with potential clients, creating proposals, and presenting and closing business
- Ability to use a CRM to track sales activity and revenue
- The ability to use research materials and data to create marketing solution proposals using PowerPoint
- The ability to assist clients with advertising copy and coordinating the production and scheduling of advertising in collaboration with other departments
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES:
- You must think and act like a sales hunter. Aggressive sales activity is expected
- Strong client and agency contacts; well networked
- Strong desire to bring positive energy and strong sales activity to the team
- Keen ability to identify and present big picture concepts, yet pay attention to detail
- Flawless written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask and balance the needs of multiple departments within the company
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite of products, CRM and other internal systems
- Outstanding customer service skills required
- Desire to be proficient in Post-Gazette products and services across digital, print and event categories
- Reliable car transportation and valid driver's license required
The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be given equal consideration regardless of their race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, veteran status, non-job related physical or mental disability or sexual/affectional orientation. Also, we will not hire individuals that use nicotine products, and will conduct a pre-employment screen to test for the use of nicotine products.