NeuroRestorative, a partner of The MENTOR Network provides rehabilitation services for people of all ages with brain, spinal cord and medically complex injuries, illnesses and other challenges. In a variety of locations and community-based settings, we offer a range of programs, including vocational and therapy programs, day treatments, and specialized services for infants, children, adolescents, Military Service Members and Veterans.
Cognitive Retraining Specialist
Up to $2000 Sign-On Bonus during 1st year of successful employment!
Looking for a great job in Education, Rehabilitation Counseling, Human Services, or Psychology with the leading provider of Cognitive Rehabilitation?
The primary role of the Cognitive Retraining Specialist is to assist individuals with developing various skills in order to be as independent as possible in their home and community. Every individual receives tailored services based on their special needs, so each day is unique. Staff work with 1 - 3 individuals a day for 3+ hours each, depending on the person's needs. All services are provided in the Client's home, community, work or volunteer location. Staff might work on any of the following areas with the individuals they serve.
- Develop compensatory memory strategies and system
- Assist with budgeting bill paying, planning, and scheduling
- Develop consistent problem solving skills for everyday problems
- Promote initiation and follow through of activities
- Support effective communication and social skills
- Access and navigate the community safely
- Develop natural supports and provide family and community education
- Teach study skills and academic organization
- Facilitate vocational preparedness, including support with volunteering and competitive employment
- Bachelor's degree in Psychology or other Human Services field
- Experience working with individuals with disabilities
- A reliable car, valid license, and responsible driving record
- The ability to work a flexible schedule
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Creativity, initiative, flexibility and time management skills
- The ability to work well with a team
Why Join Us?
- Full compensation/benefits package for employees working 30+ hours/week.
- 401(k) with company match.
- Paid time off, holiday pay, annual bonus plan.
- Mileage reimbursement
- Rewarding, complex work adding value to the organization’s mission alongside a great team of co-workers.
- Enjoy job security with nationwide career development and advancement opportunities.
We have meaningful work for you – come join our team – Apply Today!