High School Band Percussion Instructor
South Fayette Township School District is seeking a High School Band Percussion Instructor.
Title: Percussion Instructor
Responsible To: High School Principal
Description of Activity/Club/Group:
The Percussion Instructor will assist the “Little Green Machine” Marching Band Director in all aspects of performance, as it relates to the drum line, in order to maintain and build upon the high standards of musical excellence expected of the South Fayette High School Bands.
Length/Duration/Frequency of Activity/Club/Group:
Full Year (July – June)
1. In-depth knowledge of percussion music, including the ability to perform on various percussion instruments at a collegiate level (Experience with a drumline is preferred)
2. Strong leadership and organizational skills
3. Ability to communicate effectively with students, parents and the band director
1. Preparing the drumline of the “Little Green Machine” Marching Band for performance through specialized instruction and the use of appropriate repertoire.
2. Provide opportunities to showcase individual and group talents.
3. Develop and share practices that will lead to the uniformity (of sound and appearance) of the “Little Green Machine” Marching Band Drumline.
1. Instruct the drumline, promoting the highest level of musical precision, during band camp, pre-camp and post-camp rehearsals, and after-school rehearsals throughout the school year, as agreed upon by the band director.
2. Complete general maintenance on percussion equipment, as needed.
3. Meet with the band director and/or assistant band director to plan for rehearsals and/or special events.
4. Accompany the band to performances, as agreed upon by the director.
5. Conduct auditions on an annual basis. Confer with the band director to set times/dates, secure judges and select appropriate material.
6. Compose percussion parts, as needed.
7. Submit a year-end report outlining the goals, activities, highlights, and achievements of the position. Submission of this report is required prior to receiving the final installment of the financial stipend for this position.
Evaluation: Performance of this job will be evaluated by the high school principal/assistant principal and communicated to the Superintendent.
Payment: Payment for this activity will be made in the following manner: last pay in December.