Southwestern Pennsylvania Commission (SPC) in Pittsburgh seeks an Accountant III to maintain financial records and ensures that financial transactions are properly recorded. Ensures the accuracy of entries to the general ledger. Position requires an independent, self-starter who has an attention to detail and is highly adept at problem solving.
- Analyzes and reconciles the record of financial transactions to determine accuracy and completeness of entries according to specific program, grant and contract guidelines.
- Prepares deposits and maintains cash control records.
- Prepares journal vouchers, transfer of funds, and other financial documents.
- Reviews, records and tracks all in-kind contributions.
- Reviews invoices for accuracy, completeness, and compliance.
- Compiles and records project expenditures into appropriate agency receivable and revenues.
- Reviews, analyzes and prepares account reconciliations.
- Assists with monthly, quarterly and annual closing activities.
- Assists with the annual audit.
- Reconciles assigned agency bank statements with correcting entries.
- Responsible for the electronic files relating to journal vouchers and cash receipts.
- Establishes and updates written procedures for accounting processes specific to the Accountant III position.
- Assists Finance Office team in their duties during scheduled leave.
- All other duties as assigned by Supervisor/Manager.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with major in Accounting or Finance.
- At least 5 years of directly related experience required.
- Advanced level computer skills, with the ability to learn new software applications required.
- Proficient use of MS Office Suite required; specifically, MS Excel and Outlook.
- MIP Fund Accounting Systems – Non-Profit System experience preferred.
- Commensurate with experience.
Email letter of interest and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
SPC provides competitive compensation, including an excellent benefits package; flex time, mileage reimbursement, holiday/vacation pay and more.