This position works directly under the supervision of the Billing Coordinator in the Fiscal Department. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Prepare HMO claims
- Tracking changes in converge of HMO/County clients
- Provide information to assist in the billing process
- Prepares and files HMO authorization letters for CCBHA/Value Clients
- Collecting client fees in the Payment Office for one hour per day
- Collects fees from clients
- Completing Eligibility Verification System for CBHO and VBH clients
- Coordinates all EVS verification
- Obtain client registration authorization as a backup
- Provides authorization for services for Value Behavioral Health clients
- Completes Initial/ Continued Stay request for Value and CCBHO
- Routine filing and correspondence
- Other duties as required or assigned
- Registers new CCBHO clients for services
- Coordinates all coverage at payment office
Other duties as required.
- Adheres to dress code; appearance neat and clean.
- Completes annual educational requirements.
- Reports to work on time and as scheduled.
- Completes work on time.
- Is dependable.
- Keeps work area neat and well managed.
- Shows creative initiative.
- Respects supervisors and their decisions.
- Respects other employees.
- Respects clients and the disease of addiction.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Knowledge of general bookkeeping and accounting practices.
- Knowledge of general business principles and terminology.
- Knowledge of general office equipment including computer and programs.
- Knowledge of budgeting.
- Ability to perform detailed work and calculations.
- Ability to prepare financial reports for the agency and the county.
- Application of established accounting procedures.
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with other staff, other agency=s and the public.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
Education/Experience and Requirements:
Bachelor's degree in Business Management or Accounting and one year experience in the field or any combination of education and experience that will provide the knowledge and skills necessary to perform the duties of the position.
- Work in an environment of moderate temperatures and noise levels.
- Sitting at desk for hours.
- Ability to carry 15lbs (files)
- Close vision for computer use.
- Repetitive motions for computer use.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of the position.
- Job Type: Full-time