As head of the business department, controller will manage and supervise all aspects of accounting and medical billing. Will report to the Chief Financial Officer and will assist with development of internal control policies procedures, and financial planning as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage all aspects of accounting; billing, financial statements, general ledger, account payable, budgeting, revenue recognition and various special analyses.
- Maintain documented system of accounting policies and operations
- Oversees payments of all accounts; ensuring all accounts are paid on time
- Process accounts and collecting payments
- Oversee all payments made for debts and bank loans.
- Monitor cash and funding balances
- Keep an organized filing system of all accounts for records and review
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports
- Organize information and statements for audits and both internal and external auditors
- Define, benchmark and implement operational best practices
- Complying with all local, state and federal laws regarding finances, tax filings and reporting
- Ensuring company complies with all additional legal and regulatory requirements
- Additional duties as needed
- Demonstrates ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with clients, staff, public and other agencies
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Basic Computer Knowledge
- Good typing skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration with an emphasis in Accounting, or related field
- Ideal candidate has 3 to 5 years of experience in field
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Management Accountant (CMA) license a plus
- Previous experience as an accountant, accounting supervisor or manager
- Excellent computer skills; experience in accounting software and Microsoft
- Exceptional knowledge of finance, accounting budgeting cost control principles and Generally Accepted Accounting principles (GAAP)
- Advanced knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting best practices, medical billing, laws, standards, and state/national regulations.
- Attention to detail
- Able to work well with senior executives and team, as well as mentor/lead other team members.
This is a full time position with benefits
- Work environment of moderation in temperature, noise.
- Sitting at desk for hours
- Close vision at computer
- Repetitive motions for computer use.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of position without compromising patient care.