The LPN Coordinator under the supervision of the Director of Medical Services administers individualized care to the patient, assists the physicians, performs diagnostic tests, instructs the patient and cooperates with others in the effective and efficient provision of comprehensive health services. Responsibilities are aligned with carrying out the medication control policies of the program and assisting the physicians and pharmacist in upholding Federal and State regulations governing methadone treatment.
- Creation of schedule for LPN dosing staff
- Management of prescription drug monitoring program (PDMP)
- Inventory and monitoring of all required medical supplies
- Filling in to assist in dispensing when required
- Assistance with the intake of new patients
- Clerical duties when assisted by supervisor
- Demonstrates some knowledge of addiction and methadone maintenance.
- Knowledge of medication.
- Operates equipment safely and correctly.
- Provides treatment services appropriate to personal and cultural identity of the client and family.
- Treats persons served and their families with respect and dignity.
- Ability to perform a head to toe assessment.
- Performance reflects knowledge and good judgement in areas of care.
- Organizes and manages nursing activities.
- Safely performs nursing skills (i.e. Mantoux test; Venipuncture, EKG’s)
- Documentation meets current standards and policies and is complete within the shift.
- Educate the clients on health related and infectious disease topics.
- Participate in performance improvement activities.
- Maintains a good working relationship and effective communication with the agency.
- Performs related work as required or assigned.
- Provide individualized health coaching to patients in obtaining their health objectives.
Education/Experience and Requirements:
- Must be a graduate of a License Practical Nurse program. Must have a current State of PA License Practical Nurse Licensure. Must have one-year experience in the health related field. Some knowledge of methadone maintenance preferred.
- Adheres to dress code; appearance neat and clean.
- Completes annual educational requirements.
- Reports to work on time and as scheduled.
- Completes work on time.
- Is dependable.
- Keeps work area neat and well managed.
- Shows creative initiative.
- Respects supervisors and their decisions.
- Respects other employees.
- Respects clients and the disease of addiction.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with other staff, other agencies and the public.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Work in an environment of moderate temperatures and noise levels.
- Sitting at desk for hours.
- Ability to carry 15lbs (files)
- Close vision for computer use.
- Repetitive motions for computer use.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of the position.
- Job Type: Full-time