Flexible Evening Shifts in North Hills and Green Tree
The primary purpose of the Environmental Services Aide is to maintain a safe, clean, sanitary and comfortable environment. It is the duty of all employees to promote and support a resident centered care environment that ensures the treatment of all residents, family members, visitors, fellow employees and customers with kindness, respect, and dignity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Commits to the Vincentian Collaborative System (VCS) mission to nurture and sustain a ministry of compassionate care that preserves the human dignity of persons within a diverse and changing society.
2. Upholds and promotes the VCS values of spirituality, compassion, quality, dignity, collaboration, advocacy and stewardship.
3. Promotes and supports a resident centered care environment that ensures the treatment of all residents, family members, visitors, fellow employees and customers with kindness, respect, and dignity.
4. Adheres to all facility and department work rules, policies and procedures.
5. Ensure that resident rooms and public areas are maintained in a clean, safe, comfortable and attractive manner.
6. Follow established safety procedures when performing tasks and when using equipment and supplies.
7. Follow proper techniques when mixing chemicals, disinfectants and solutions used for cleaning. Complies with manufacturer's instructions and/or Material Safety Data Sheet.
8. Use appropriate personal protective equipment and supplies when handling infectious materials.
9. Ensure that an adequate supply of housekeeping supplies to perform daily tasks is maintained in utility/janitorial closets. Keep supervisory staff informed of supply needs.
10. Operates and maintains equipment. Ensures that equipment is cleaned and properly stored.
11. Keep work/assignment areas free of hazardous materials and objects.
12. Performs job functions in a manner that promotes efficient use of resources.
13. Ensures that work records are completed and cleaning schedules adhered to.
14. Adheres to established cleaning, cross contamination and infection control policies and procedures.
15. Reports all hazardous conditions and equipment malfunctions.
16. Performs all other duties assigned.
17. Required to support the organization's Code of Ethical Conduct and Compliance Program by timely reporting any actual or suspected compliance, fraud and abuse, ethics or policy violations.
1. High School Diploma/GED OR 1 year of previous job experience in lieu of HS Diploma/GED.
2. At least one (1) year experience of housekeeping duties preferred.
Vincentian is an Equal Opportunity Employer