Life Enrichment Aide
Activity Aide -(Stanton Heights)
The primary purpose of this position is to assist in planning, organizing and developing the operation of the Activity Department in accordance with current federal, state and local standards, guidelines, regulations and the facilities established policies and procedures. The Activity Aide is responsible for providing the residents with a variety of quality programs, one-to-one visits and sensory/environmental stimulation to enhance the quality of each resident’s life at the facility.
It is the duty of all employees to promote and support a resident centered care environment that ensures the treatment of all residents, family members, visitors, fellow employees and customers with kindness, respect, and dignity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Commits to the Vincentian Collaborative System (VCS) mission to nurture and sustain a ministry of compassionate care that preserves the human dignity of persons within a diverse and changing society.
2. Upholds and promotes the VCS values of spirituality, compassion, quality, dignity, collaboration, advocacy and stewardship.
3. Promotes and supports a resident centered care environment that ensures the treatment of all residents, family members, visitors, fellow employees and customers with kindness, respect, and dignity.
4. Adheres to all facility and department work rules, policies and procedures.
5. Plans, schedules, organizes and implements programs of individual and group activities with the Activity Lead & approval of the Encore Services Manager.
6. Transports/assists residents to and from activities as necessary.
7. Observes and reports pertinent information related to resident care to the Activity Lead or Encore Services Manager.
8. Maintains neatness of activity areas, including proper storage and infection control of activity supplies.
9. Maintains activity attendance records for each resident in Point of Care.
10. Communicates effectively with residents, family members, volunteers, and report all concerns to the Activity Lead or Encore Services Manager.
11. Attends required educational programs, complete all Relias training and department meetings.
12. Assists in the orientation of new personnel and volunteers as assigned.
13. Maintains resident medical and social history confidentiality at all times.
14. Assists in preparing and distributing activity calendars by the first of each month.
15. Plans, organizes and implements a variety of expressive and creative activities based on the needs, interests, preferences and abilities of the residents including holiday celebrations and special events under the direction of the Activity Lead and approval of the Encore Services Manager.
16. Assists in the implementation of programs that enhance a sense of well-being; provides education, creativity, provides activity programs to meet the physical, cognitive, psychosocial, spiritual and recreational needs; promotes rehabilitation, independence, self-image and quality of life for residents.
17. Recommends ordering of supplies to the Activity Lead.
18. Provides individualized sensory stimulation, music and social programs for residents.
19. Observes resident’s physical and psychological needs, attitudes, reactions, etc.; reports unusual observations to supervisor.
20. Anticipates and takes action to maintain a safe environment. Incorporates safety/risk management standards into daily work practices.
21. Performs all other duties assigned.
22. Required to support the organization’s Code of Ethical Conduct and Compliance Program by timely reporting any actual or suspected compliance, fraud and abuse, ethics or policy violations.
1. High School graduate or equivalent required.
2. Previous training or experience in activities, recreational therapy assistant preferred or related field
Vincentian is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Selected candidates may need to successfully complete pre-hire testing including, a drug test, physical exam, TB test and background check.