Maintenance Technician - $2,000 Retention Bonus
Maintenance Technician- $2,000 Retention Bonus
at Vincentian Collaborative System
McCandless Pittsburgh, PA
Full Time, Part-Time, Flex
Summary: The Maintenance Technician is responsible for maintaining the grounds, facility and equipment in a safe and efficient manner. This includes assisting in ensuring compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, as well as established policies and procedures. This also includes working with management and staff to assure a successful maintenance program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs installations, repair and preventative maintenance in the areas of Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Cooling (HVAC), plumbing, electrical, carpentry and mechanical systems. This includes but is not limited to: communication systems, domestic water and waste systems, medical gas and vacuum systems, electrical distribution system, lighting system and electrically operated equipment.
- Perform carpentry activities as they relate to either repair, renovation or construction. Paints and repairs wall surfaces prior to application of finishes.
- Operate all components of the utility systems, knows location and function of controls and shut-off, knows all utility system failure procedures.
- Able to demonstrate the ability to guide and assist less experienced maintenance technicians.
- Establish and maintain good rapport and cooperative relationship with clinical staff, co-workers, supervisors and others.
- May perform landscaping, grounds maintenance and other outdoor duties as assigned. May also perform shoveling/plowing of snow and remove ice during the winter season if needed.
- Perform testing, calibration, preventive maintenance and repair equipment included in the equipment management inventory according to established policies and procedures.
- Must be able to work with little or no supervision in the normal course of duties.
- May be required to work overtime during emergency situations. Emergency situations involve the immediate need to repair or otherwise mitigate a facility condition that is detrimental to the wellbeing of the residents or staff and will be determined by any of the following: Administrator, nursing leadership, Maintenance Manager, Safety Manager or VCS Facilities leadership.
- Responds to resident medical alarms when activated.
- Inspects fire extinguisher and fire systems, according to predetermined schedule, corrects deficiencies. Responds to fire alarms when in the building.
- Identifies and corrects (at the direction of facility leadership and/or the Safety Manager) any PA Department of Health or other regulatory agency issues.
- Anticipates and acts to maintain a safe environment. Incorporates safety/risk management standards into daily job performance.
- Performs job functions in a manner that promotes efficient use of resources.
- May be required to assist with resident transport.
- Will be on call to respond to emergency situations if needed.
- Performs all other duties assigned by manager.
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities:
- Mission – the individual is committed to the Mission and Values of the Vincentian System. (Mission)
- Analytical – the individual is able to prioritize work through analysis and understanding of diverse information. (Judgment)
- Technological Skills- the individual has proficiency in Microsoft Office, computer literacy, computer keyboarding skills and knowledge of basic office equipment. (Job Knowledge)
- Professional –the individual exhibits a professional manner, is dependable and relates well to others including management, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Company. (Professionalism)
- Confidentiality – the individual acts appropriately and responds effectively to all sensitive and confidential situations, inquiries or complaints. (Corporate Compliance/Confidentiality)
- Integrity – the individual possesses high ethical standards when dealing with others including management, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Company. (Work Ethic)
- Ethical – the individual complies with the Code of Ethical Conduct and the Corporate Compliance Plan and demonstrates this to others at all times. (Corporate Compliance/Confidentiality)
- Problem Solving – the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner by gathering and analyzing information skillfully. (Problem Solving and Decision Making)
- Communication Skills – the individual writes and speaks clearly in completing assignments within the scope of their job responsibilities. (Communication)
- Interpersonal Skills - the individual is able to effectively work with others in a team-oriented environment and effectively interact with fellow employees in both favorable and unfavorable circumstances. (Interpersonal Skills)
- Planning/Organizing – the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans. (Initiative)
- Adaptability – the individual is easily adaptable in the work environment and is able to deal with change, delays or unexpected events. (Productivity/Efficiency)
- Compliance – the individual complies with federal, state and local laws and regulations to which the facilities are held responsible. (Corporate Compliance/Confidentiality)
- Quality Management – the individual looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. (Quality)
- Safety and Security – the individual actively promotes and personally observes and complies with all safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly. (Safety)
- Trade or vocational school graduate preferred but not required.
- Current/valid driver’s license required.
- Minimum of five years experience in various maintenance trades preferred.
- Previous environmental services/maintenance experience in health care or long-term care preferred.
Vincentian is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Selected candidates may need to successfully complete pre-hire testing including, a drug test, physical exam, TB test and background check.