CNA DSP - Certified Nursing Assistant Direct Support Professional - $2500 Hiring Bonus!
$2500 HIRING/RETENTION BONUS!!
If you're passionate about making a difference then this is the perfect opportunity for you!
What is it like working as a DSP at Wesley Family Services (WFS)? Watch this video!
Questions about this job? Call or email Renee at 412-342-2292!
This position requires a non-temporary Certification as a Nurses Aide or Medical Assistant. However if you do not have a certification you still can work as a Direct Support Professional in one of our 20 group homes.
Group Homes are located in:
- Harrison City
- Hyde Park
- Lower Burrell
- Natrona Heights
- New Kensington
Benefits for Full Time Employees:
- Medical, Dental, and Visions plans effective the 1st of month after 30 days
- Flexible Work Schedule
- 15 paid days off 1st year, 20 Paid days off 2nd year, then continues to increase
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Discounted Tuition for several local colleges/universities.
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Pet Insurance
- Employer Paid Short Term and Long Term Disability
- 401k Plan - Employer match available!
- Employer paid life insurance
- Critical Illness Diagnosis & Accident Insurance
- Yearly performance reviews with merit increase eligibility
- FREE Licensure Supervision!!
- Eligible for Bonuses totaling $2500 your first year
- Opportunities for Advancement - Career Path!
- Rewarding and Fulfilling Career- Making a difference in the lives of others
Wesley Family Services is currently seeking caring motivated people with big hearts to work in a Residential Group Home setting caring for adults with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (IDD). We customize programs for each of our individuals to allow them to experience a variety of activities that will help them achieve their goals.
Staff work mornings, afternoons, evenings, overnight and/or weekends. Full time or part time positions are available. Schedules vary according to the needs of the sites. Access to agency vehicles when taking individuals on outings and appointments is provided.
Education: High School Diploma or General Equivalent Diploma.
Experience: At least some experience assisting individuals with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (IDD)
Licenses, Certifications & Clearances Required:
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) or Certified Medical Assistant (CMA, CCMA, CMAA, or RMA)
- Act 33/34 Clearances
- FBI Clearance
- Valid State of PA Class 1 Driver’s License, reliable transportation, safe driving record, and ability to drive.
Responsibilities and Duties include: (full description available at www.wfspa.org/CAREERS)
- Provides direct care to and assists individuals with mental and/or physical disabilities in the home and in the community by providing training in activities of daily living;
- Implementing Individual Program Plans, Person-Centered Plans and Community Life Plans;
- Administering/supervising individuals in administering prescribed medications;
- Completing/supervising individuals’ completion of household cleaning and maintenance.
- Serves as Subject Matter Expert (SME), role model, and trainer in day to day, non-emergent medical care of individuals as outlined in the Individual Service Plans (ISPs),
- Serves as ‘Charge DSP’ in medication administration, reporting medical and treatment questions/concerns to the House Supervisor and appropriate agency professionals.
CURRENT EMPLOYEE RECOMMENDATION
Erin Paul, Current Lead DSP, Wesley Family Services
“I’ve been working with [Wesley] Family Services for almost 10 years… I originally came to Family Services because of their flexible work schedules and ability to work longer shifts. I can get 40+ hours in a shorter amount of days, spending more time at home with my family. …What you put into caring for the individuals, you really get back in feeling that you make a big impression on their life. You get to be the person they can’t wait to tell how their day was. You get to be that person that gets to share in a special outing that they will remember forever. IDD staff make such an impact on the individuals’ lives, you get to be the one that makes it a positive impact! … I would recommend a job in the IDD Residential field to anyone with a big heart!”
ABOUT WESLEY FAMILY SERVICES
Two of the largest providers of developmental and behavioral health services, Wesley Spectrum and Family Services of Western Pennsylvania, have recently merged to form Wesley Family Services (WFS). Our organization is growing in Western Pennsylvania and we have opportunities for caring, knowledgeable, and talented candidates to join our team! WFS provides a work environment that is positive and rewarding for its employees; a setting where growth, equality, teamwork and safety are the means to meet the charge of our mission.
WFS provides a diverse range of autism, behavioral health, education and family support services to individuals and families in western Pennsylvania. We create life-changing support by integrating our services to best meet the needs of those we serve. Our mission is to empower children, adults, and families by providing transformational care.
Equal Opportunity Employer