Direct Support Professional (DSP) $2,500 Bonus!
$2500 SIGN ON/RETENTION BONUS!
Whether you have experience as a caregiver or your background is in retail, hospitality, sales, food industry, maintenance, etc, if you are a caring and compassionate person, apply to work as a DSP!
No direct care/DSP experience required. We provide training.
This is a great job for anyone who has been temporarily or permanently displaced recently due to the Coronavirus/COVID-19 or anyone who is looking for a change.
What is it like working as a DSP at Wesley Family Services (WFS)? Watch this video!
Questions about this job? Call or email Renee at 412-342-2292!
Group Homes are located in:
Apollo -- Brackenridge -- Delmont -- Freeport -- Greensburg -- Harrison City -- Hyde Park -- Irwin -- Leechburg -- Lower Burrell -- Natrona Heights -- New Kensington -- Sarver -- Vandergrift
Benefits for Full Time Employees:
- Medical, Dental, and Visions plans effective the 1st of month after 30 days
- Flexible Work Schedule
- 15 paid days off 1st year, 20 Paid days off 2nd year, then continues to increase
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Discounted Tuition for several local colleges/universities.
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Pet Insurance
- Employer Paid Short Term and Long Term Disability
- 401k Plan - Employer match available!
- Employer paid life insurance
- Critical Illness Diagnosis & Accident Insurance
- Yearly performance reviews with merit increase eligibility
- FREE Licensure Supervision!!
- Eligible for $2500 Hiring/Retention Bonus!! ($500 at 30 days, $500 at 3 months, $500 at 6 months, $500 at 9 months, and $500 at 1 year)
- Opportunities for Advancement - Career Path!
- Rewarding and Fulfilling Career- Making a difference in the lives of others
Wesley Family Services is currently seeking caring motivated people with big hearts to work in a Residential Group Home setting caring for adults with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (IDD). We customize programs for each of our individuals to allow them to experience a variety of activities that will help them achieve their goals.
Staff work mornings, afternoons, evenings, overnight and/or weekends. Full time or part time positions are available. Schedules vary according to the needs of the sites. Access to agency vehicles when taking individuals on outings and appointments is provided.
Responsibilities and Duties (full description available at https://wfspa.org)
- working on goals and daily program activities
- implementing community integration and socialization activities
- taking individuals to appointments
- preparing meals
- doing laundry and cleaning
- assisting with personal hygiene
Qualifications and Skills:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Criminal and Child Abuse background checks
- FBI Clearance
- Valid PA Driver's License and safe driving record
CURRENT EMPLOYEE RECOMMENDATION
Erin Paul, Current Lead DSP, Wesley Family Services
“I’ve been working with [Wesley] Family Services for almost 10 years… I originally came to Family Services because of their flexible work schedules and ability to work longer shifts. I can get 40+ hours in a shorter amount of days, spending more time at home with my family. …What you put into caring for the individuals, you really get back in feeling that you make a big impression on their life. You get to be the person they can’t wait to tell how their day was. You get to be that person that gets to share in a special outing that they will remember forever. IDD staff make such an impact on the individuals’ lives, you get to be the one that makes it a positive impact! … I would recommend a job in the IDD Residential field to anyone with a big heart!”
A survey was done by a group of Wesley Family Service employees on the Top 10 Reasons to work at WFS. Some of the top responses were:
- Supportive relationships with supervisors who promote professional growth
- Vast opportunities for learning and the encouragement of diversified skill set
- Licensure and Tuition Assistance*, plus free parking*at all locations.
- Some of the most advanced technology in the Human Services field
- Flexibility and family oriented employer. Excellent Home/Work balance.
- Communication/transparency between front-line staff and leadership.
- Teamwork and cohesive relationships promoted and supported among colleagues
ABOUT WESLEY FAMILY SERVICES
Two of the largest providers of developmental and behavioral health services, Wesley Spectrum and Family Services of Western Pennsylvania, have recently merged to form Wesley Family Services (WFS). Our organization is growing in Western Pennsylvania and we have opportunities for caring, knowledgeable, and talented candidates to join our team! WFS provides a work environment that is positive and rewarding for its employees; a setting where growth, equality, teamwork and safety are the means to meet the charge of our mission.
WFS provides a diverse range of autism, behavioral health, education and family support services to individuals and families in western Pennsylvania. We create life-changing support by integrating our services to best meet the needs of those we serve. Our mission is to empower children, adults, and families by providing transformational care.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Additional Key Words: Entry level, CNA, Certified Nursing, Medical Assistant, Attendant, CMA, CMAA, CCMA, RMA, Nurse, Nurses Aide, HHA, Home Health, Direct Care, DCA, Care Giver, Taker, Caretaker, Day Program, Daycare, Teacher, Nanny, Mental Health Companion, MHC, Technician, MHT, Residential Living Associate, RLA, Support, HHS, Resident Caretaker, Worker, Rehabilitation Aide, RHA, Rehab Aide, Companion, RC, RA, Geriatric, Senior, Hospital, Hospitality, Psychology, Psychiatric, Sociology, Social Work, In-home Caregiver, Patient, Personal, PCA, Disabled, Emergency Medical Technician, EMT, Physical, Occupational, Vocation, Vocational, Therapy, PT, OT, Veteran, Veterans, Autism, Dementia, Alzheimer’s, Hospice, Volunteer Work, Internship, Intern, BHT, BHW, Behavior, Therapist, Therapeutic Specialist, TS, Supportive Living, Helper, Crisis Intervention, Case Management