Education Therapeutic Specialist-High School $2500 Hiring Bonus
If you're a passionate individual looking to make a difference in the lives of children and their families, then this is the perfect opportunity for you!
Wesley Family Services provides a diverse range of autism, behavioral health, education and family support services to individuals and families in western Pennsylvania. We create life-changing support by integrating our services to best meet the needs of those we serve. Our mission is to empower children, adults, and families by providing transformational care.
Wesley Family Services is hiring an Educational Therapeutic Specialist for our High School located in Whitehall, PA. We serve students who have experienced barriers to learning for a variety of educational and behavioral health reasons. Our students come from more than 50 school districts across five counties. We utilize an approach that integrates educational and therapeutic support.
We have specialized classrooms for students on the Autism Spectrum and Emotional Support in addition to our general classrooms. The primary goal of this program is to transition students back to their public school while maintaining or progressing academically and addressing problem behaviors.
This position provides classroom support to students and staff in the assigned room(s). This position participates in the development and implementation of the students’ treatment and behavior support plans.
This position follows an academic school year calendar (10 months with summers off however paid throughout the summer); Optional Extended School Year program in July; Monday-Friday schedule; Weekends and Holidays Off
- Contributes to the development and revision of the behavioral plan, including developing IEP goals and objectives as appropriate, under the guidance of the mental health counselors/therapists and/or special education teachers.
- Ensures the implementation of therapeutic support interventions as guided by the behavior plan and/or Individual Crisis Management Plan.
- Assists in providing therapeutic group interventions under the direction of the mental health therapist.
- Completes progress monitoring documentation.
- Assists the team in the completion of behavior intervention plans and individualized crisis management plans.
- Performs daily procedural duties such as scanning, bus duty, hall monitoring, cafeteria supervision, etc., as assigned.
- Acts as a role model to the students served in our program by demonstrating team work, communication and positive interactions with students and staff.
- Participates with teammates in the implementation of PBIS and Recovery/Resiliency Principles.
- Participates in team meetings providing relevant information on student progress.
- Attends student meetings as deemed relevant by supervisor.
- Provides academic support and/or specially designed instruction and behavioral interventions.
- Leads small group instruction according to the lesson plans and direction from the classroom teacher.
- Works one-on-one with students as needed.
- Obtains and maintains certification in TCI crisis intervention techniques at WS sites
- Executes safe physical management of the child/adolescent as needed and prescribed by TCI principles and the individual’s behavior support and crisis plans at WS sites
- Bachelor’s degree in Special Education, Psychology, Social Work, Counseling, or related field from an accredited institution
- One year experience with child/adolescent in a clinical setting strongly preferred
Licenses, Certifications & Clearances:
- PA Child Abuse Clearance
- FBI and PA criminal background clearances
Comprehensive Benefits and Total Rewards Package:
$2500 Sign On Bonus Eligible!
- Medical, Dental, and Visions plans with low employee contribution rates
- Tuition Reimbursement for continuing your education
- Employer paid life insurance, short term disability, and long term disability
- 401k Plan
- Paid trainings
- Licensure Supervision for FREE!!!
- Pet Insurance group rates
Wesley Family Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our policies for both current and prospective employees prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religious creed, disability, ancestry, national origin (including limited English proficiency), age, sex assigned at birth, sexual orientation, transgender identity, gender transition, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status.
How to Apply: You can initially apply through Indeed to submit your resume. Click the Apply button. You can also go to our website to complete the Wesley Family Services application: wfspa.org/careers